The Student Room Group

If you saw a dream that warned you of a future event, would you act up on it?

Scroll to see replies

I guess you could avoid it, but sometimes you don't realise the correlation of the dream until after the event happens.
Original post by aamirac
I guess you could avoid it, but sometimes you don't realise the correlation of the dream until after the event happens.

True, it's even more eerie this way.

My friend told me that once in primary school, he dreamt that he would be in the changing room, and someone would try hit him from behind. A week or two later, he was changing after a PE lesson, felt someone walk up behind him, ducked, and BAM! His friend's fist hit the wall.

It's so pervalent it's scary.
No. I believe in fate. If somethings gunna happen it's inevitable. No point in working yourself up over it.
Original post by Questioness
No. I believe in fate. If somethings gunna happen it's inevitable. No point in working yourself up over it.

Surely if you believe in fate then the dream is meant to be a warning to make you change what you do?
Original post by LibertyMan
Surely if you believe in fate then the dream is meant to be a warning to make you change what you do?

If that is how you perceive it. I however do not.
I don't think I am going to be eaten by a T-Rex any time soon.
Original post by the bear
i dreamt that Emma Watson is going to marry me....

ejaculato!
I had a dream that I had sex with my manager, went to work but nothing happened :cry2:
Reply 28
Original post by ForgetMe
I had a dream that I had sex with my manager, went to work but nothing happened :cry2:

Did you ask?
Original post by John55
Did you ask?

No :ahhhhh:
Reply 30
Original post by ForgetMe
No :ahhhhh:

Then of course nothing happened!

Spoiler

Reply 31
Original post by LibertyMan
E.g. a plane crash for a flight you have tickets booked for? Would you cancel?

That your friend or relative will die in a car crash if they go to a certain place? Would you ask them not to go or take an alternative route?

If you were Pilate's wife and your dream warned you not to crucify Jesus? :wink:

Since early, ive had these sort of de ja vu from dreams which just linger in the back of my head, but shortly after they happen. happens quite rare tho. once every few months. Like a conversion i will have with someone, or something i will recieve.
Original post by M14B
Is this a film?

Its a movie to be more precise.
Nope. I would up wake up, think about it, and tell my Mom about then forget about it. My mom does dream lottery numbers and does act on it. She doesn't win but her numbers do show up on as the results.
It depends what the context of the dream was.

If it was a dream in which I or anyone else(s) was harmed, while I know some would say you shouldn't alter the course of fate, I'll be honest and say I would act upon it.

Besides, if I weren't supposed to act upon it, the question would be why I would have had the dream to begin with. If I couldn't foresee the future otherwise, would that not infer I've foresaw that event for a reason?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending