The Student Room Group

OCR F326 - chemistry coursework mess up

I got my raw mark back for my chemistry coursework and frankly I'm shocked...

What let me down was me only getting half marks in a particular section and I was Wondering if there would be a possibility of trying to retake it somehow before it becomes set in stone and i miss out on an A*? any help would be great thank you
Bump :frown:
Reply 2
has anyone done the qualitative on transition metals?
Bump?
Reply 4
Has anyone done the evaluative on acids? I've done the qual on transition metals, i can help you
Reply 5
Yes you can retake it but the deadline is 15th of May so get on your teachers backs and ask them to let you resit :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by skyaviator23
I got my raw mark back for my chemistry coursework and frankly I'm shocked...

What let me down was me only getting half marks in a particular section and I was Wondering if there would be a possibility of trying to retake it somehow before it becomes set in stone and i miss out on an A*? any help would be great thank you

Ask your teacher ASAP. As there are 3 tasks of each type available each year, re-taking shouldn't be a problem (at least, it certainly isn't at my centre). You will need to be quick though as the submission deadline is approaching.

Original post by babsa
Has anyone done the evaluative on acids? I've done the qual on transition metals, i can help you

I've done it but it is not allowed to share the details online. You really don't need to cheat on these, the questions are fairly straightforward and your teacher should be able to provide some relevant practice material that is similar to the actual task.
Original post by marioman
Ask your teacher ASAP. As there are 3 tasks of each type available each year, re-taking shouldn't be a problem (at least, it certainly isn't at my centre). You will need to be quick though as the submission deadline is approaching.

I've done it but it is not allowed to share the details online. You really don't need to cheat on these, the questions are fairly straightforward and your teacher should be able to provide some relevant practice material that is similar to the actual task.

Got told i cant retake it cause if i get to retake it, everyone at my college would have to be given the option of retaking which they're unwilling to do :frown:((((( really really annoying and im stuck!
Reply 8
Got told i cant retake it cause if i get to retake it, everyone at my college would have to be given the option of retaking which they're unwilling to do :frown:((((( really really annoying and im stuck!

If your school says you can't retake it, there isn't really anything you can do about it- worrying isn't going to change your result! Focus on the exams instead, there may be a chance that you do well enough in those to get an A* overall. (Although this does depend on what you got for the coursework, and what percentage of the overall grade it is).
Original post by EmyJ14
If your school says you can't retake it, there isn't really anything you can do about it- worrying isn't going to change your result! Focus on the exams instead, there may be a chance that you do well enough in those to get an A* overall. (Although this does depend on what you got for the coursework, and what percentage of the overall grade it is).

need to find around 12 ums elsewhere which is about 9 marks over an A* on 2 papers (equivalent to maxing out one paper and dropping 4 or 5 on another :/ hopefully i somehow make it through!
Reply 10
need to find around 12 ums elsewhere which is about 9 marks over an A* on 2 papers (equivalent to maxing out one paper and dropping 4 or 5 on another :/ hopefully i somehow make it through!

:eek: That's a little scary but I'm sure if you work hard you can do it :smile: Good luck!

I do chemistry as well (OCR Salters B) so if you would ever like any help, just send me a PM :tongue:

Really sorry to hear this especially since it's only one task holding you back :frown: Perhaps you might be able to get somewhere by explaining that the majority of people entering this unit will re-sit at least one of the tasks (even if they scored highly the first time) because of the sky-high grade boundaries.
hii, thanks so much for replying but yeah, I've done them all now x

Quick Reply

Latest