The Student Room Group

Whats it like being in a relationship?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
Hey guys!
Ive never been in a relationship and would like one.
No girl has been interested in me.
One attempt to get with a girl ended up with her leading me on and then she called me outside one day and when i got the she started snogging and feeling up another guy (theyre now in a relationship). I just walked away before tears started falling down my face.
But i would like a relationship and would like to know what its like.
Thanks everyone!

What a ****, better off without her
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
As much as I would like a boyfriend I just cba to have boy drama in my life right now. And also I'm pretty sure the boys who were in my school has put me off being in one just because they were a bunch of rude and annoying *****. Who wants to deal with that?

Thats fair enough. Not all boys are like that though. All the girls in my school went for the jerks and the popular guys. I was classed as ugly and unpopular!
Boys at your age are immature! Girls do mature more quickly so maybe that has something to do with it?
I know im only a year older but id consider myself more mature than others that are my age!
Well surely its not that bad?
Id much rather be in a relationship tbh!

You know what they say, the grass is always greener :biggrin: Truth be told though I was half joking there, my personality (I'm set in my ways and hate feeling like I have to answer to someone) isn't really conducive to being in a relationship tbh.
Original post by Drummerz
What a ****, better off without her

Ikr! I hate her now so thats all over. She even messaged me a year afterwards! I just said **** OFF!!!
When you get it right, its the best thing that has ever happened to you. When you get it wrong, its draining, useless and a waste of your time. Being single and being in a relationship both have their pros and cons but I personally believe that once you meet a person who is right for you, being with them top trumps everything else.
Thats fair enough. Not all boys are like that though. All the girls in my school went for the jerks and the popular guys. I was classed as ugly and unpopular!
Boys at your age are immature! Girls do mature more quickly so maybe that has something to do with it?
I know im only a year older but id consider myself more mature than others that are my age!

Throughout high school I was always classed as ugly and unpopular too. In fact I still am.
To me personalty is more important. You seem nice and friendly so that's something positive!

It's funny that you mentioned maturity actually. Apparently I'm "really mature" for my age so my friend was telling me how I should go for guys who are at least a year older than me lol
Its worth it though right?

never been in a relationship before so I can't say
Original post by WoodyMKC
You know what they say, the grass is always greener :biggrin: Truth be told though I was half joking there, my personality (I'm set in my ways and hate feeling like I have to answer to someone) isn't really conducive to being in a relationship tbh.

True!
Ah fair enough!
Ok thats understandable then.
Original post by Spock's Socks
When you get it right, its the best thing that has ever happened to you. When you get it wrong, its draining, useless and a waste of your time. Being single and being in a relationship both have their pros and cons but I personally believe that once you meet a person who is right for you, being with them top trumps everything else.

Ah thats good then!
It totally is!!! Its awful being rejected but youve got to forget about it and move on!
I guess so.
Aw thats nice!!!

How did you meet your bf? (If you dont mind me asking)
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Throughout high school I was always classed as ugly and unpopular too. In fact I still am.
To me personalty is more important. You seem nice and friendly so that's something positive!

It's funny that you mentioned maturity actually. Apparently I'm "really mature" for my age so my friend was telling me how I should go for guys who are at least a year older than me lol

No youre not youre really pretty!
Yup same here! Id rather be with someone who can make me laugh and i can get on with tbh.
Why thankyou! As do you!

Yeah same here. Well, the guys at my college are older than me and are the most immature people ive ever come across!!
But not all are like that!
Ah thats good then!
It totally is!!! Its awful being rejected but youve got to forget about it and move on!
I guess so.
Aw thats nice!!!

How did you meet your bf? (If you dont mind me asking)

Rejection does suck but I believe there's someone out there for everyone and usually when you give up looking for someone, you end up meeting the person for you.

We met in chemistry at secondary school. He sat in front of me and he always turned around and to have little looks at me and then he helped me with my work one day and then we just started talking and I found out my best guy friend at the time spoke to him occasionally so we all agreed to meet up one day and we became closer friends and then he asked me out not long after and we've been together ever since :smile:
If you're lucky, at first you are utterly ecstatic, everything is perfect. You pass some great times, then the passion wanes, and you find yourself face to face with a stranger. You realize that person is not there for you and your every need, but is a separate person with their own needs and foibles. Then, if you're really lucky, you are both willing to work at it and with each other, to build something together, respecting your respective individuality but together equaling something bigger than either individual. That's when you know you are in a real relationship.
Awww :console:

It's nice, I suppose :lol: But it's not always easy (sometimes you'll just wish you were single) :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Spock's Socks
Rejection does suck but I believe there's someone out there for everyone and usually when you give up looking for someone, you end up meeting the person for you.

We met in chemistry at secondary school. He sat in front of me and he always turned around and to have little looks at me and then he helped me with my work one day and then we just started talking and I found out my best guy friend at the time spoke to him occasionally so we all agreed to meet up one day and we became closer friends and then he asked me out not long after and we've been together ever since :smile:

It sure does! Well it doesnt seem that way but hopefully there is.
Well lets hope that someone comes along now!

Ah nice one! I did something similar but around here thats seen as inappropriate yet groping girls is fine! Confused! Then i realized its because im not tood looking that no girls liked me at school!!
Well thats a really nice way to meet him and im glad it all worked out for you! :smile:
Reply 54
Sex on tap, at least in theory. Best and worst moments. Keep battling OP, with persistence you find a good relationship..
Original post by Fiduciam
Sometimes you have to get through the ebola to get to the roses tbh. It won't always be perfect, just have to keep trying with them.

When it's good, its v. good though.

:toofunny:
Original post by Indeterminate
Awww :console:

It's nice, I suppose :lol: But it's not always easy (sometimes you'll just wish you were single) :redface:

Thanks. It was pretty bad to experience.

Hmm ok then. Youve just got to keep them happy i guess, suppose it can be a lot of work at times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending