The Student Room Group

NHS Scientist Training Programme 2016 applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Seeing as they've had to reopen location preferences for biochemistry from now until thursday 10am. We probably won't hear about offers until after, maybe 9th May like said? :frown: under a week.....
Original post by nymv
Seeing as they've had to reopen location preferences for biochemistry from now until thursday 10am. We probably won't hear about offers until after, maybe 9th May like said? :frown: under a week.....

Why did they reopen location preferences? Have the locations changed that late in the process?
Original post by nymv

Original post by SB_MedPhys
Why did they reopen location preferences? Have the locations changed that late in the process?

Yeah that seems really odd!!!

Last year they did let different schemes know at different times though, but yeah this year they seem pretty adamant it won't be until wc 9th May. Would be nice though if the notification at least changed from interview (booked) though!
Reply 1163

Yeah, one withdrew.

I was so optimistic to hear something today as well ha.

One trust withdrew from the programme. So that's one less position... 😫
Wow, wonder why, seems quite late in the process, surely funds would have been in place by then! Hope no more drop out! Sucks a bit for the people interviewed that the remaining places have just got a little more competitive!!
What trust has withdrawn?
Reply 1167
Original post by xMissKatiex
What trust has withdrawn?

Wye Valley.
I am applying for Clinical Bioinformatics (Genomics) and my status just changed to interview complete...
Original post by Bex0295
I am applying for Clinical Bioinformatics (Genomics) and my status just changed to interview complete...

Cool, thanks for the update, hopefully they'll do us all!!
Reply 1170
Original post by Nightwing_
Cool, thanks for the update, hopefully they'll do us all!!

Best of luck, guys :smile:
Has everyones status changed to interview complete or unsuccessful or does it change to interview unsuccesful on wc 9th May?
Original post by Hurriya23
Has everyones status changed to interview complete or unsuccessful or does it change to interview unsuccesful on wc 9th May?

Hey, mine is still Interview (booked) for Cardiac which was last Monday (25th). There was one person on here who did have a status change to interview unsuccessful, however this is rare, it may be if you get below 2 at a station, but that is just a guess. So, some have changed to interview complete, a small number to interview unsuccessful and some still say interview (booked). There is no way to guarantee when these will update. But offers are supposedly not being made until at least the 9th May.

What does yours currently say, out of interest??
Thanks for that puts me at some ease, if it is unsuccessful I would rather just know now puts you out of misery.

Mine still says interview booked too nothings chaned yet.

Going to be a long wait
Original post by Hurriya23
Thanks for that puts me at some ease, if it is unsuccessful I would rather just know now puts you out of misery.

Mine still says interview booked too nothings chaned yet.

Going to be a long wait

I know!! The worst thing is they must have all the results in now and have ranked them so must know who the "top" people are that will most likely get offers. It's just a shame that we have to wait for them to sort them all and work out which location people are going to get offered, would be much nicer to just know if my interview score is like second from last, I'm going to know I'm not getting an offer!!!! I can see why they do it this way, but still frustrating!!!
Oh well!! Guess they aren't updating all of them to interview complete today after all!!!
I e-mailed for further clarification of what "interview complete" meant and they responded with "This means that your interview is complete. Please note, we have not released the final offers yet. We aim to release offers w/c 9th May, however this may be later. Just please keep a look out on your Oriel account." lets hope it is not later like they suggest :frown:
Original post by <Ryan>
Did you get an email notification saying your status had changed?

Nope. Did you?
I didn't have an e-mail, just checked and saw that it had changed
Original post by <Ryan>
No, but Bex0295 said that her status changed to Interview Complete today. I was just wondering whether she was notified by email or just happened to check Oriel and see that it had updated.

ah right, sorry thought you were just asking in general!!

Quick Reply

Latest