The Student Room Group

Is fervent left-wing anti-Semitism merely a ploy to court the Islamic vote?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cranbrook_aspie
'Antics of the Labour Party'? Do you mean the disgusting racist remarks that were made by a couple of members who were promptly(and rightly) rounded on and expelled by the party that has Jewish MPs, Jewish peers and whose last leader was Jewish?

You mean Diane Abbot, right? What was it she said? Oh, yeah: 'white people love to play divide and rule.' I'm glad she got expelled...oh, wait.

No, you must mean Jack Dromey...what was it he said? Oh yeah, he called a Royal Mail worker a 'pikey.' I'm glad he got expelled...oh, wait.

I was also glad to see these remarks plastered over 118 news items all over the BBC, like Godfrey Bloom's comments about 'bongo bongo land.' Oh, wait, they weren't.

Maybe we should discuss the number of former BNP members who are now standing Labour councillors? Or maybe we should discuss the former head of a neo-Nazi movement who's a standing Labour councillor? Should I go on?
(edited 7 years ago)
Obviously, because being left wing and/or Islamic immediately makes you anti-Semitic tbh
Cannot argue with that logic
Original post by Itsyaboy
Obviously, because being left wing and/or Islamic immediately makes you anti-Semitic tbh
Cannot argue with that logic

The reason you can't argue with that logic is because no-one has tabled that logic. You're merely extrapolating your opponent's argument, extending it to ludicrous proportions and then criticising the result, like all good progressives.

Focus on the words in-front of your eyes, not your persecution complex or your distorted perception of the facts.
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
The reason you can't argue with that logic is because no-one has tabled that logic. You're merely extrapolating your opponent's argument, extending it to ludicrous proportions and then criticising the result, like all good progressives.

Focus on the words in-front of your eyes, not your persecution complex or your distorted perception of the facts.

I haven't argued with anyone itt lol
You mean Diane Abbot, right? What was it she said? Oh, yeah: 'white people love to play divide and rule.' I'm glad she got expelled...oh, wait.

No, you must mean Jack Dromey...what was it he said? Oh yeah, he called a Royal Mail worker a 'pikey.' I'm glad he got expelled...oh, wait.

I was also glad to see these remarks plastered over 118 news items all over the BBC, like Godfrey Bloom's comments about 'bongo bongo land.' Oh, wait, they weren't.

Maybe we should discuss the number of former BNP members who are now standing Labour councillors? Or maybe we should discuss the former head of a neo-Nazi movement who's a standing Labour councillor? Should I go on?

She's kinda right about the white people thing tbh

**** you and your colonialism
I haven't argued with anyone itt lol

There's a joke about being an anti-semantic in here somewhere.
There's a joke about being an anti-semantic in here somewhere.

Right ok
Idk what you're on about tbh

I present your exhibit A. Thanks for proving the argument you sought to oppose, nevermind validating the very prejudice you claim you oppose. All in the name of tribalism - who need principles when you've got party politics, eh?

**** you and your racism.
Original post by limetang
**** you and your racism.

Im white lol
Right ok
Idk what you're on about tbh

I suspect you feel that way a lot.
Im white lol

Which means you don't know what racism means? Racism is racism, it isn't now, nor has it ever been, pre-determined by your identity politics, your relativism, or any of your basket case ideologies or socially acceptable religions.
Original post by Tawheed
There are a number of israeli's George has shared and agreed to share a platform with. He has even acknowledged not all israeli's even like what their government does. In this debate, he was debating an israeli who had i believe served in the israeli military arguing for israel.

Infact, here is a Jewish man himself who attests that George is not anti-semitic

George Galloway raised his issue with the person saying "we" and thus identifying himself as an Israeli. His response and reaction was unacceptable.

I can find Jewish people who deny the Holocaust or Jewish people who are critics of Judaism. The fact that he might have a Jewish friend does not make the blanket statement he made acceptable.

You may argue he might be other things, but anti-semitic he is not.

Here is his explanation as to why he did not debate:

In this video his response is completely different. Now he says he wouldn't support someone who supports the ideology. That is completely different. Nowhere did he say that he wouldn't debate an Afrikaans person. He was in the wrong for making a blanket comment towards Israelis when his comment should have been aimed at the ideology of the state and its supporters. But he refuses to admit he was wrong there in what he said.

Now, this is one of those rare instances i disagree with george. I would say just debate the guy. But i would never say what he did was wrong. As he would not debate with a supporter of apartheid south africa defending it whilst themselves living in that racist system, he will not debate an israel who lives in israel and defends the government.

You could be a muslim, jew, hindu zionist, if you share a platform and defend israel he won't debate you.

Personally I believe these issues are best debated. It is one of the reasons I dislike when TSR closes threads where people make claims of white genocide or when people put forward holocaust denial arguments. If you disagree with an ideology, it is best challenged.

If George Galloway wishes to criticise the ideology of the Israeli state, that is fine by me. If he doesn't want to debate someone who supports the ideology of the Israeli state, that is again fine by me, although I would argue it is better to rise up and debate than to walk away. But I am not willing to tolerate George Galloway saying "I don't debate Israelis".
Im white lol

And?
Which means you don't know what racism means? Racism is racism, it isn't now, nor has it ever been, pre-determined by your identity politics, your relativism, or any of your basket case ideologies or socially acceptable religions.

Mane why u so salty

I don't have an issue wit anyone at all except for closet racists like you
What's the point your tryna make
Im white lol

I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why this is a relevant point.
I'm still waiting for you to explain to me why this is a relevant point.

Because white people ****ed up a long time ago fam
Your probs a closet racist btw
Because white people ****ed up a long time ago fam
Your probs a closet racist btw

Oh, it's a troll, I get it. Sorry my bad, I'm normally quicker.
Oh, it's a troll, I get it. Sorry my bad, I'm normally quicker.

Dude you're a troll look at your account smh
Dude you're a troll look at your account smh

And a proud one at that. But I pretty much universally mean what I say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending