The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rEaR vIeW
Are you suggesting a family living in central London, with 3 children, can survive (comfortably) on the male being on an average wage (say £25,000)?

To say there is no need is just flat out wrong. When a Muslim woman goes to her GP, would it not be better if she could see a female doctor? When she goes to an all girls high school, would it not be better if the teachers were all women? When she goes to her bank, dentist, hairdresser etc etc. Because being in the same room as a male alone is also impermissible in Islam, if taken literally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at one of my previous replies

'But I don't think a woman has to work if her husband is already doing so, unless her husband would like her to contribute or is struggling financially.'

There are plenty of non Muslim women who do those jobs.
Most of those jobs are fine because they are segregated.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Look at one of my previous replies

'But I don't think a woman has to work if her husband is already doing so, unless her husband would like her to contribute or is struggling financially.'

There are plenty of non Muslim women who do those jobs.
Most of those jobs are fine because they are segregated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First part fair enough, last paragraph genuinely can't tell if trolling or not but if you are being serious, then what should women in a Muslim country with a minute non-Muslim population do? How on earth you think a GP and Dentist is a segregated job is also beyond me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Female- by 25??
Original post by rEaR vIeW
First part fair enough, last paragraph genuinely can't tell if trolling or not but if you are being serious, then what should women in a Muslim country with a minute non-Muslim population do? How on earth you think a GP and Dentist is a segregated job is also beyond me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well obviously they can work then.

I didn't say ALL jobs, I said most when I should've said some, that includes teachers in an all girls school and hairdressers.

Bottom line is idc who works where and when. Ideally I wouldn't want to.
Original post by DesiGirl31
Lol now is good for me.19

you made the anon rishta thread right? :lol:
[QUOTE=rEaR vIeW;64552885]I saw he uses IslamQA as his source, all credibility lost. The major elephant in the room is the fact he said women can't work due to their being mixed-gender interactions. So if this isn't permitted for a woman, how is it for a man?

Fair enough. I guess that's your choice, which I respect as long as you don't believe Islam prohibits women working (even in the UK). Out of interest, the people who prefer a stay at home wife, what do you expect to be earning? Just wondering if it's people on for £100k jobs who know they don't need the extra money, or whether they're willing to live under constraint with a housewife.

Oh hi there. I would love to know on what authentic academic basis you have decided that islamQA is wrong? *Willy wonka meme*

Or is it just conjecture/ad hominem?

It is indeed haram for both genders to work in mixed environments. However men are obliged (obligatory) to work and if they fail to find segregated jobs, then it's permissable (by principle of necessity) to work in mixed environments and attempting to avoid all female interactions as much as possible.

Women can work in the meantime (not saying it's haraam so don't make up stuff that I said) as long as it's not in a mixed environment as, for them, it's a "pleasure/hobby"; which is permitted. If they work in a mixed enviro = Haram without a doubt.

Unless, the husband struggles financially (meaning he can't afford a roof and food; nothing more than this) the women is permitted to work in a mixed enviro (but finding a non mixed job must be the priority).
Original post by Anonymous
Male. Got married at 20 alhamdullilah.

Damn 20 kind young fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Well obviously they can work then.

I didn't say ALL jobs, I said most when I should've said some, that includes teachers in an all girls school and hairdressers.

Bottom line is idc who works where and when. Ideally I wouldn't want to.

Why wouldn't you want to work?
19-22 inshallah but I can't know.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Why wouldn't you want to work?

Just preference.

I love cooking and taking care of the house (I'm a bit of a clean freak haha).
I work part time on the weekends already, and on Saturdays when I get back from work I'm usually quite tired, and it's difficult for me to help with cooking/cleaning. So I'd like to focus on just one thing.
I guess I have quite traditional views.

Adding onto that it's also preferred for women to stay at home in Islam.

Also why would I want to work? What's fun about getting up early doing your typical 9-5 job?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
22- Female
I am aiming to get married by 14.... I still have 2 years of freedom! :biggrin: YAY
Female, 19-23
25-26. Male
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I am aiming to get married by 14.... I still have 2 years of freedom! :biggrin: YAY

Original post by HAnwar
Just preference.

I love cooking and taking care of the house (I'm a bit of a clean freak haha).
I work part time on the weekends already, and on Saturdays when I get back from work I'm usually quite tired, and it's difficult for me to help with cooking/cleaning. So I'd like to focus on just one thing.
I guess I have quite traditional views.

Adding onto that it's also preferred for women to stay at home in Islam.

Also why would I want to work? What's fun about getting up early doing your typical 9-5 job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

MashaAllah sis :smile:
Original post by mariam687

Ok, 1 year and 1 month and 16 days of freedom left (not including today)! :biggrin:
It's some time tho... HBU?
It's funny how people plan these things out. Guys get married when you feel ready not when society/religious influences expect you to be.
Original post by mariam687
LOOOL ur hilarious xDDD

well mum wants me to get married at 18 but mum knows best init ?
so idm 18 :smile:

18? Wow, that is mad young.... :biggrin:
In all honesty I am getting married from somewhere between 23 to 27..... :biggrin:
I wanna find someone by 22 and hope to marry them maybe later (like 24)

Latest

Trending

Trending