The Student Room Group

Mental breakdown from english!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blonde_girl_
Hi all,
I am having a mental breakdown!! I have just done my English iGCSE Language and I've totally messed it up! I did question 3, 1 and then I had 10 minutes to do number 2. So as you can imagine, question 2 will be absolutely terrible because I couldn't even think about what the quotes meant when I was writing them down. I don't think I'll get any marks on question 2. I always got B's in my mocks, and I think ive got a D in this one. My coursework is at a B, but that would only make it about a C overall. I really wanted a B, as that's what I need for Uni to do dentistry! If I do get only a C..or below..when would I resit it? And does the resit even get taken into account? Thanks guys - hope it went well for everyone else !:smile:

Right now I'd try to forget it the exam is done and you'll get what you get you can't chang that so move on if you don't get a good enough grade you can always resit and most unit require a C not a B and your AS/A2 are much more important.
No year 11! My GCSEs are coming up!!
Original post by blonde_girl_
hi all,
i am having a mental breakdown!! I have just done my english igcse language and i've totally messed it up! I did question 3, 1 and then i had 10 minutes to do number 2. So as you can imagine, question 2 will be absolutely terrible because i couldn't even think about what the quotes meant when i was writing them down. I don't think i'll get any marks on question 2. I always got b's in my mocks, and i think ive got a d in this one. My coursework is at a b, but that would only make it about a c overall. I really wanted a b, as that's what i need for uni to do dentistry! If i do get only a c..or below..when would i resit it? And does the resit even get taken into account? Thanks guys - hope it went well for everyone else !:smile:

oh my god!!!! You done excatly what i did and i cant over it!!!!!
I am going to now thanks!
Original post by zXcodeXz
oh my god!!!! You done excatly what i did and i cant over it!!!!!

It's so frustrating!! I had always done 1,2,3 but then I got into the routine of doing 3,1,2 like what my teachers kept saying as obviously didn't work out! Eurgh!
Hi all,
I am having a mental breakdown!! I have just done my English iGCSE Language and I've totally messed it up! I did question 3, 1 and then I had 10 minutes to do number 2. So as you can imagine, question 2 will be absolutely terrible because I couldn't even think about what the quotes meant when I was writing them down. I don't think I'll get any marks on question 2. I always got B's in my mocks, and I think ive got a D in this one. My coursework is at a B, but that would only make it about a C overall. I really wanted a B, as that's what I need for Uni to do dentistry! If I do get only a C..or below..when would I resit it? And does the resit even get taken into account? Thanks guys - hope it went well for everyone else !:smile:

Most schools don't allow you to redo, if you got a C or above... Also the new year 10s have a completely new spec, therefore I don't think you will just be able to do it again in a few months.
It's so frustrating!! I had always done 1,2,3 but then I got into the routine of doing 3,1,2 like what my teachers kept saying as obviously didn't work out! Eurgh!

Exactly there is like 60k tweets about English it's trending and people want the grade boundaries to be lowered
Original post by zXcodeXz
Exactly there is like 60k tweets about English it's trending and people want the grade boundaries to be lowered

Do you know what the current grade boudaires are??
Do you know what the current grade boudaires are??

No sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending