The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language [Unofficial Mark scheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BuzzyBeeee
I did the same thing😩 Apparently a harsh marker would remove up to two marks for that mistake

No! don't worry it really won't have an effect - it's a very minor detail
Original post by CaSama9
That is pretty much everything that I put too, don't forget it was a pretty tough exam too! If lots of people are getting the general gist of question 1 then I suppose it's probably the right answer? The one about plans being boring during dinner was definitely one :wink: I'll put the down now. At a quick look at it id say we both probably got about 9-11 excluding spag, which isn't too bad.

Haha okk trusting your judgement hahaha!

I told everyone in my school today that I know something bad will happen today and its going to throw us off completely because its the last paper of this syllabus and all over the news they've been saying how they're going to increase the difficulty!

Guys I am warning you now that all your other exams can end up like this so please seriously revise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gdmn
Did anyone talk about how honeybees were one of the oldest forms of animal life on earth and so they are a part of our history

No but thats really good! However, that doesn't tell us why they're important for humans or what's threatening their well being?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by failure543
don't stress that's a great response, i'd say a 17/20 at least

Hahaha thank you :smile: honestly though if I did get 17/20 I'd probs flop like a fish everywhere because after today I think I'd be lucky to even get a 6/20 hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
For bullet point 3 I put

(without mr head)
•visit the animal sanctuary
•talk to the gardner about bees etc
•revisit the market town (because her husband ruined it last time)
•go hiking up and around the landscape
•visit museums about classical architecture etc

anyone else really struggle with finding the 15 bulletpoints? I defo repeated some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Why would she go rafting if her husband went to hospital doing it lol?
Original post by Ts12
Future plans: going to the sanctuary
Going rafting
Romantic journeys
Visiting classical architecture
if i got 23 for example on paper two, rubbish coursework ( i had a pic attack mid way) and i try my best for paper 3 considering i'm predicted an A* is an A even a possibility or is a bee more like or is that chance completely extinct (aside from the banter) can i still get an A?
Reply 47
No way you have a paper 3? Lucky we only had this one exam and that's it. Probably because of the coursework and speaking and listening? Good luck :smile:
if i got 23 for example on paper two, rubbish coursework ( i had a pic attack mid way) and i try my best for paper 3 considering i'm predicted an A* is an A even a possibility or is a bee more like or is that chance completely extinct (aside from the banter) can i still get an A?
Original post by ducks_sd
For bullet point 3 I put

(without mr head)
•visit the animal sanctuary
•talk to the gardner about bees etc
•revisit the market town (because her husband ruined it last time)
•go hiking up and around the landscape
•visit museums about classical architecture etc

anyone else really struggle with finding the 15 bulletpoints? I defo repeated some.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put:
1) 30% thing
2) global starvation
3) loss of healthy foods
4) no need to pay farmers to find alternative less efficient ways of pollinating
5) 500 medicines thing
6) a bees health tells us a lot about the environments health
7) pesticides distort their behaviour fatally
8) local weather systems threaten them
9) change in weather threaten them
10) transporting beehives to diff countries cause them to stress out
11) Increase in bees in the city will lead to less nectar available for wild bees
12) immune system becoming less efficient
13) fungal infections/known bee viruses
I had two more but forgot what I wrote!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hahaha thank you :smile: honestly though if I did get 17/20 I'd probs flop like a fish everywhere because after today I think I'd be lucky to even get a 6/20 hahaha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

well were you back at it again with the white washed walls for question two (i'm sorry i'm currently contemplating a full time job as the archbishop of banterbury after that paper) i reckon i got 23 out of 50 on the whole paper so i'm pretty sure you've got an A* !

Spoiler

Here are the passages to help jog your memory :smile:
https://m.imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG
Original post by CaSama9
No way you have a paper 3? Lucky we only had this one exam and that's it. Probably because of the coursework and speaking and listening? Good luck :smile:

yeah, it's descriptive writing and more directed writing so i don't know who the lucky one is! thanks, hope you get an A*
Original post by _Xenon_

Spoiler

Here are the passages to help jog your memory :smile:
https://m.imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG

makes me want to be sick :smile:)))
well were you back at it again with the white washed walls for question two (i'm sorry i'm currently contemplating a full time job as the archbishop of banterbury after that paper) i reckon i got 23 out of 50 on the whole paper so i'm pretty sure you've got an A* !

Hahaha I need 48/50 for an A*! So doubt it. I was aiming for an A* and was so confident as I revised so many past papers and started getting full marks in question 2 and 3 and dropped 3-4 marks in q1! So was so close! Now I am praying for an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
makes me want to be sick :smile:)))

Why haha
I didn't count how long my summary was, ffs what if I was under 200 words :angry: I wrote a page and like 4 lines, do you think that is enough??
Original post by _Xenon_
Why haha

i did so awful and english is my best subject
Original post by george_c00per
I didn't count how long my summary was, ffs what if I was under 200 words :angry: I wrote a page and like 4 lines, do you think that is enough??

More than enough! I wrote the exact same amount and I got 250 words or a bit less I think. My handwriting is small so depends on your handwriting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
i did so awful and english is my best subject

Damn, sorry to hear that! Hope that grade boundaries are really low and that everyone else struggled more than you did.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Hahaha I need 48/50 for an A*! So doubt it. I was aiming for an A* and was so confident as I revised so many past papers and started getting full marks in question 2 and 3 and dropped 3-4 marks in q1! So was so close! Now I am praying for an A :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you've got to be kidding me !! :frown: im probably gonna get a C knowing that and english is my best subject that gives me no hope for my other exams !! hope you get your A at least :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending