The Student Room Group

A-level Economics Students!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
I'm ****ED. I get the structure of how to answer stuff but I need to refresh my memory for the definitions.

Aha! Those nasty definitions. You can Google the economics definition lists online and probably try and cram them. :colone:
Original post by High Stakes
Aha! Those nasty definitions. You can Google the economics definition lists online and probably try and cram them. :colone:

I'll churn through them.. Thank god I only have C1 and M1 after, because I'd be sweating myself right now not even gonna lie.
Original post by Princepieman
I'll churn through them.. Thank god I only have C1 and M1 after, because I'd be sweating myself right now not even gonna lie.

Haha, I'll be sitting M1 too. Probably gonna be here at the end of every exam checking for some unofficial mark scheme.

Make sure you're strong in your graphs and you'll be fine! A2 has a load of graphs.
Doing AS

Had a mock today, was rushed for time on the 15 and 20 marker. I spend too long reading and highlighting the extracts. When I'm rushed I start to forget my structure and forget all these chains of one change leading to another, so my analysis was weak. Hopefully my thorough valuating made up for it, but it didn't feel like I'd done so well. I'll probably get the results next week so will let you know how I did
Original post by aadil10
Doing AS

Had a mock today, was rushed for time on the 15 and 20 marker. I spend too long reading and highlighting the extracts. When I'm rushed I start to forget my structure and forget all these chains of one change leading to another, so my analysis was weak. Hopefully my thorough valuating made up for it, but it didn't feel like I'd done so well. I'll probably get the results next week so will let you know how I did

You should try writing a plan as you go so you don't waste time thinking about your next point and constantly referring to the contexts.
I'm doing AS and am really stuck for macro. I haven't got very good notes from throughout the year and so am relying on the textbook for everything :/ Does anyone know of any good online revision material?
Definitions....Definitions everywhere. That will be the death of me.

Original post by mariyahx
is it a good a level topic to pick because im planning to pick it

It's quite challenging but very informing and enjoyable!
Original post by antivxst
I'm doing AS and am really stuck for macro. I haven't got very good notes from throughout the year and so am relying on the textbook for everything :/ Does anyone know of any good online revision material?

Physics and maths tutor always saved me when my own notes failed me.
Original post by Imperion

You doing A2? Board?
You doing A2? Board?

AS; Edexcel IAL :tongue:
Original post by Imperion

thank you!
Doing AS, I've probably failed.
I know the structure of how to answer all the questions and I've been averaging Cs throughout all the mocks, which considering I haven't done one shred of revision is pretty good.

I'm planning to drop it too, so I guess it won't be the end of the world C:
Original post by hellomynameisr
I enjoy macro cuz of the the chains of analysis which i find quite fun lol whereas with micro, there aren't really any chains, just knowledge

Yeah I guess macro is a bit more interesting just like micro because I find it easier lol
Original post by Kyou
Doing AS, I've probably failed.
I know the structure of how to answer all the questions and I've been averaging Cs throughout all the mocks, which considering I haven't done one shred of revision is pretty good.

I'm planning to drop it too, so I guess it won't be the end of the world C:

Go through as many past papers as humanely possible.
How's everyone prepping for the upcoming exams?

Hi! I moved this to the Economics forum for you as it may be helpful to other Economics students :h:

Quick Reply

Latest