The Student Room Group

my school wont give us study leave :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Hardly any schools/sixth forms in England have study leave now

Which is ridiculous. Schools say they want to "prepare us for uni" and then they treat us like kids.

OP, if it's your last year of GCSEs and you don't plan on going to your school's sixth form, you might as well just stop going in (or maybe check that they can't remove you from your exams first - I think it's too late but I'm not sure). I learn so much better at home but we don't get study leave, so I just stay off. Your school might not even care if you're a decent student.
Reply 21
Original post by Asma-A
Its horrible that we have to suffer for a /few/ people. I'd rather not stay in school around a bunch of stressed out people before an exam, know what I mean? I'd rather come in, relaxed and focused at my own pace instead of waiting around like everyone else.

Yeah but life is always like that. As soon as few people make a mistake, everyone has to suffer for it. It's ridiculous. The only reason I'm for not having study leave is that I get to see my councillor. I hate having to sit in class revising stuff that I've already revised or is less important to me.
Original post by Asma-A
They literally haven't taught us exam techniques in the 2 years we've had with them, they're pathetic at answering questions, I'm really at the worst school.

Alright, so if the teachers are no help, I suppose there's no reason for you to stay in school, but maybe you could still take advantage of any resources the school has? :dontknow:
Original post by Asma-A
I'm considering getting myself excluded like some girls have already done; they're literally staying at home and revising.

Wow is it that bad? Well... definitely do not get excluded... bad idea. When I did my GCSEs... without boasting... I was pretty smart so I was guaranteed A*'s in most my subjects so with a little bit of persuasion my teachers allowed me to leave class and revise other subjects that I was weaker at...I would then go to an empty classroom or a classroom where there was desk space and revise. Maybe you could try writing a letter or just talking to your teachers about it. :smile: No harm in trying. If they don't want to give you that time then sit in your lessons but do your own thing... =)
Reply 24
Original post by JordanL_
Which is ridiculous. Schools say they want to "prepare us for uni" and then they treat us like kids.

OP, if it's your last year of GCSEs and you don't plan on going to your school's sixth form, you might as well just stop going in (or maybe check that they can't remove you from your exams first - I think it's too late but I'm not sure). I learn so much better at home but we don't get study leave, so I just stay off. Your school might not even care if you're a decent student.

At this point I think i'm just gonna start taking days off, they can argue all they want but once I get all the revision I need, they can thank me on results day when my good grades actually boost the schools pass rate :cool:
We're getting a study leave of like a week lol but I would prefer it if I didn't get a study leave at all because I KNOW I won't do any work at home so going to school is my revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Our school's giving us study leave in two weeks, but I'd rather not have it, since I'd be less likely to actual revision done on my own.

Spoiler

Lol my school knows this so we only get like a week of study leave which is pointless tbh and I know all I'll do that week is go on the internet or something instead of revising for further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by I'm_infires
We're getting a study leave of like a week lol but I would prefer it if I didn't get a study leave at all because I KNOW I won't do any work at home so going to school is my revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm way less focused at school due to being around my friends, dont you feel that at home you get to revise on your own terms and your own rules.
Lol my school knows this so we only get like a week of study leave which is pointless tbh and I know all I'll do that week is go on the internet or something instead of revising for further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is exactly what I'm scared I'll do in between exams...
Reply 29

In the nicest way, thats entirely your own fault. I mean, coming from somebody with the attention span of a goldfish, when I genuinely put my mind and energy into it I can get a good hours worth of revision on a topic and fully understand it. You just need to persevere and not allow yourself to be distracted. School in general is a distraction, and when I am as tired as I am on school days, its difficult to persevere and focus.
Original post by Asma-A
I'm way less focused at school due to being around my friends, dont you feel that at home you get to revise on your own terms and your own rules.

No i have no motivation at all. The most i'm worried about rn is the fact that i'm not worried about gcses and maybe only give 1 **** out of 50 for science and that's it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing that rn lol I haven't even started my exam revision and exams have started. The only thing I like rn is the fact that I get free breakfast in school every morning from now on 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go on your own study leave, just say your leg snapped if they ask why you aren't in school.
Original post by Asma-A
In the nicest way, thats entirely your own fault. I mean, coming from somebody with the attention span of a goldfish, when I genuinely put my mind and energy into it I can get a good hours worth of revision on a topic and fully understand it. You just need to persevere and not allow yourself to be distracted. School in general is a distraction, and when I am as tired as I am on school days, its difficult to persevere and focus.

Never thought I'd see that... :tongue:

But yes, I know this is my fault, but I'm certain that I'm not the only one who'll be like this, and for a lot of people, it'll certainly help for them to stay in school where they're guaranteed to do work.
Reply 34
Never thought I'd see that... :tongue:

But yes, I know this is my fault, but I'm certain that I'm not the only one who'll be like this, and for a lot of people, it'll certainly help for them to stay in school where they're guaranteed to do work.

Each to their own I guess, with study leave you get the choice to stay in school or not but unfortunately for me I don't get that privilege.
I'm doing that rn lol I haven't even started my exam revision and exams have started. The only thing I like rn is the fact that I get free breakfast in school every morning from now on 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, woah, no revision might be pushing it a bit..

Spoiler

I've been on study leave for 2 weeks now hahah. I enjoy it but I always procrastinate, like right now I'm watching a TV show when I should really be studying for my german exam tomorrow :///
We have no study leave either :/ it's horrible... I know people are bunking Because of it x
Original post by Asma-A
Each to their own I guess, with study leave you get the choice to stay in school or not but unfortunately for me I don't get that privilege.

If you really think that no study leave isn't for you, then I don't see any problem with you at least talking to your head teacher about this. Whether they'll do anything is a different matter...
Reply 39
If you really think that no study leave isn't for you, then I don't see any problem with you at least talking to your head teacher about this. Whether they'll do anything is a different matter...

Some girls at my school made a petition, over 200 of us signed it, apparently our head of year tossed it in the bin after they were handed it.

Quick Reply

Latest