The Student Room Group

Best pages to remember for TKAM & Animal Farm

Hi fellow users!

I am looking for the best pages of Tkam and Animal Farm and unsure which pages to go to. I need to find the best quotes that I could use in the english literature exam. Help please :smile:

Thanks Clivus
Original post by cliveusthe3rd
Hi fellow users!

I am looking for the best pages of Tkam and Animal Farm and unsure which pages to go to. I need to find the best quotes that I could use in the english literature exam. Help please :smile:

Thanks Clivus

Never read TKAM, but I can help with Animal Farm... What type of quotes you looking for?

Spoiler

Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Never read TKAM, but I can help with Animal Farm... What type of quotes you looking for?

Spoiler

I loved Animal Farm :biggrin: never did read TKAM but I'm sure I can help.

Hi fellow users!

Thanks Clivus

Okay here is what I would do. I would choose the best quotes ranging from different topics of the two books. There will never be the best quotes from either as it is dependent on what you choose to remember and what you feel confident on. I suggest reading up themes of the two books and choosing quotes to support themes and ideas. What kind of questions have you done in class?
Original post by Boss_Rhythm

Spoiler

Hey I'm looking for quotes that are powerful and relate to the context of the book and the themes that are involved in the book. You think you could help please. :smile:

Thanks Clive
Original post by Rhythmical
I loved Animal Farm :biggrin: never did read TKAM but I'm sure I can help.

Okay here is what I would do. I would choose the best quotes ranging from different topics of the two books. There will never be the best quotes from either as it is dependent on what you choose to remember and what you feel confident on. I suggest reading up themes of the two books and choosing quotes to support themes and ideas. What kind of questions have you done in class?

We have mostly been doing the questions at the back which ask you to explore the theme or how someone is significant in the novel such as Atticus. a theme question was to explore the significance of mocking birds in the novel. Does anyone know any good sites to use and get revision material for english Lit
We have mostly been doing the questions at the back which ask you to explore the theme or how someone is significant in the novel such as Atticus. a theme question was to explore the significance of mocking birds in the novel. Does anyone know any good sites to use and get revision material for english Lit

Ah right, I may have a look at some websites for you and will PM you some advice, what exam board are you with?
Ah right, I may have a look at some websites for you and will PM you some advice, what exam board are you with?

Sorry for the delay edexcel and could you help with poetry aswell please :smile:
Sorry for the delay edexcel and could you help with poetry aswell please :smile:

I will try! And ooh poetry was always something I used to struggle on until I practised.
I will try! And ooh poetry was always something I used to struggle on until I practised.

Okay thank you very much :biggrin:
Okay thank you very much :biggrin:

What do you need help on in terms of poetry? Like what poems asre you studying? Poetry at A Level is different, I study poetry of Medieval English haha :biggrin:
What do you need help on in terms of poetry? Like what poems asre you studying? Poetry at A Level is different, I study poetry of Medieval English haha :biggrin:

Im doing relationships have you got any tips to get in the top band ? thanks :smile:
Im doing relationships have you got any tips to get in the top band ? thanks :smile:

Always focus on the themes, and layout. Are the stanzas structured in a certain way to convey emotion? Most relationship poems will either rhyme or have soft sounding syllables and it is always the little elements that can get you the top marks. What poems are you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending