The Student Room Group

BTECs are just as hard as a-levels

Sorry but my coursework in my subjects I would say are as hard as a-levels like maths test or the sciences or sociology, I have to do so much work whereas maths just looks like a few past papers and science just an extension of common knowledge in my honest opinion. You may think this is a bad troll but I am serious. You don't know how hard us students work plus our BTEC is equivalent to an a level like science so we have just as good a chance of getting into a top uni. Maybe not Cambridge or Oxford but a Russell group probably.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BTEC's are so much easier than A Levels, the way you are tested is easier and the knowledge required isn't as difficult
BTECs are nowhere near as hard as A levels and I've dabbled in both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdNozSunburnNose
maths just looks like a few past papers and science just an extension of common knowledge in my honest opinion.

:rofl:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I'm taking both and this is absolute BS.

Predicted grades
BTEC Business: D*
BTEC Law D*
AS maths B (I'm pushing for an A) but this requires soooooo much more effort.
I wanna take Further maths AS next year also
I do BTEC in Engineering and trust me, BTEC in Engineering is nowhere near A Levels equivalent to Engineering subjects, A Level Physics, A Level Maths etc
Are you high?
Sorry but my coursework in my subjects I would say are as hard as a-levels like maths test or the sciences or sociology, I have to do so much work whereas maths just looks like a few past papers and science just an extension of common knowledge in my honest opinion. You may think this is a bad troll but I am serious. You don't know how hard us students work plus our BTEC is equivalent to an a level like science so we have just as good a chance of getting into a top uni. Maybe not Cambridge or Oxford but a Russell group probably.

Original post by JW22
x

Original post by manlikeabdo
x

Original post by The-Spartan
x
x

Original post by Lookingforlight
x

Original post by Ayaz789
x

In academic, A-Levels are harder.
In practical, BTEC is harder.

BTEC is also more stricter in some ways to require 70-80% of effort all the way through, while A-Level goes, 20%, 30%, 50% then 80% near exam.
Original post by ckfeister
x

BTEC is also more stricter in some ways to require 70-80% of effort all the way through, while A-Level goes, 20%, 30%, 50% then 80% near exam.I got friends who do BTEC IT and BTEC science and they just copy and paste from Online..
Original post by Lookingforlight

BTEC is also more stricter in some ways to require 70-80% of effort all the way through, while A-Level goes, 20%, 30%, 50% then 80% near exam.
I got friends who do BTEC IT and BTEC science and they just copy and paste from Online..

Research skills, it'll get in their head over time with practical go repetition.
x

That is definitely not true!
(edited 7 years ago)
BTECs just look like a few past papers and an extension of common knowledge in my honest opinion.

fixed.
Original post by Ayaz789

One takes them straight into work, the other doesn't. They know what they'll need. This is true, take your snubby views else where.
I do a BTEC and from what I have heard, A levels are harder apart from applied science which could be just as hard as the A level sciences

BTEC'S are changing anyway because they are going to have some exams in them, at least for my health and social care BTEC which shows that they don't match with A levels.

My tutors say that its unfair how a Pass at BTEC is equivalent to a A level C grade when students just write one paragraph and get a C grade.

But obviously for the merit and distinction work, there is a word count.
science just an extension of common knowledge in my honest opinion.

Yeah DNA replication and the enzymes involved is definitely extended common knowledge...

One takes them straight into work, the other doesn't. They know what they'll need. This is true, take your snubby views else where.

Take your views elsewhere too because im sure more people will agree with me! A levels are harder than Btecs! Btecs are similar to Gcses :P
Original post by Ayaz789

Take your views elsewhere too because im sure more people will agree with me! A levels are harder than Btecs! Btecs are similar to Gcses :P

TSR people will but there a reason why they are slowly accepting them into univerities. I'm done now.

TSR people will but there a reason why they are slowly accepting them into univerities. I'm done now.
Are these views of yours like these because you know you can't hack A levels and are doing Btecs now?
Original post by callumhowieson
I'm taking both and this is absolute BS.

Predicted grades
BTEC Business: D*
BTEC Law D*
AS maths B (I'm pushing for an A) but this requires soooooo much more effort.
I wanna take Further maths AS next year also

Get an A in AS maths first lol
Original post by FailedMyMocks
Get an A in AS maths first lol

In order to take Further Maths? Yeah, my teacher is only letting me take further maths on the condition that I get a B or above, but I will stop at nothing to get an A.

Quick Reply

Latest