The Student Room Group

How did you find the IGCSE English Language exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rhianmaghie
i think that everyone needs to complain, hint hint for lower grade boundaries like last year situation with 'maths' those students were like thugs haha
EVERYONE COMPLAIN NOW, THATS HOW U GONNA GET THE DAAAAAAAYYYYYYYMMM BOUNDARY DOWN

Motivational speech right there ahaha. How are you supposed to complain to them? I want to do that, but i'm not sure how to contact them

Amazing!!
Reply 62
Original post by Rhianmaghie
did u do the exam?

No, I got B in the November Resit last year, luckily that exam was quite easy however I would like to see what it was
Original post by gcsestudent3856
Motivational speech right there ahaha. How are you supposed to complain to them? I want to do that, but i'm not sure how to contact them

follow me and im gonna try to find links to it. Dont worry we will get through this, before the results day :biggrin:
https://imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG

EXTENDED PAPER LEAK HAHA
I found question 1 alright however when I was looking for my "A" bullet point I wnet down three paragraphs before I found any. Task 2 was stressful. What did you put for the overall effect for A and B . I put that A is described as a dream and B is described as a unpleasant place.
Original post by TylerDM
No, I got B in the November Resit last year, luckily that exam was quite easy however I would like to see what it was

https://imgur.com/a/zHXfq#qAU67nG
Reply 67

Has anyone leaked the questions?
Original post by TylerDM
Has anyone leaked the questions?

I don't think so...
Reply 69
question 3 was difficult for me .... question 1 was ok and question 2 was absolutely ridiculous!!!! I made random points also was fresh market on question 2 for paragraph about visit relevant?
Hope they lower the grade boundaries this year tho!

In Q2 I put that the overall mood for a) is sophistication of her entry or whatever b) the variety of fruits, the busyness, the unpleasantness of the market

Also what did u guys put for inference in Q1 Bullet Point 3?
Original post by TylerDM

oh okay, gr8 job on the B
Did anyone else talk about f**king white-washed walls?!?!
Original post by abbigm1
LOL exactly how I felt when I realised this wasn't no mock and I had just flopped

loool ikr! i bet the examiner would comment on my Q2 "utter ********."
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
Did anyone else talk about f**king white-washed walls?!?!

Yes I did. I didn't understand most of the other vocabularies so I chose this one. I don't even exactly understand this phrase neither, but I wrote about alliteration bringing the reader's attention to make them realise that the walls may have been neglected and ignored. And although, the walls were neglected, it was still described as a 'charming mirage', suggesting that it's still glamourous even if it didn't receive much man-made attention. (Some walls are fitted with tiles or painted in better colours but this was just white washed) . so finally, I wrote about how sometimes, nature and natural objects are better than man-made. Ahaha I don't think it has anything to do with the question but this was all I could think about. AND plus, I did Question 2 last, so I was running out of time and I was rushing and writing so fast, i was even sweating with a red face afterwards.
Reply 75
I talked about white wash walls too am I wrong?
Reply 76
Honoustly no lie MR HEAD DID MY FUC*KIN "HEAD"IN
Original post by gcsestudent3856
Yes I did. I didn't understand most of the other vocabularies so I chose this one. I don't even exactly understand this phrase neither, but I wrote about alliteration bringing the reader's attention to make them realise that the walls may have been neglected and ignored. And although, the walls were neglected, it was still described as a 'charming mirage', suggesting that it's still glamourous even if it didn't receive much man-made attention. (Some walls are fitted with tiles or painted in better colours but this was just white washed) . so finally, I wrote about how sometimes, nature and natural objects are better than man-made. Ahaha I don't think it has anything to do with the question but this was all I could think about. AND plus, I did Question 2 last, so I was running out of time and I was rushing and writing so fast, i was even sweating with a red face afterwards.

Well, it sounds like you did a lot better than I did, I talked all about science and white reflecting heat and lots of other things about white walls and heat. I didn't mention alliteration...
I started from question 3 because it has more marks and I was instructed to by my teacher but i absolutely loved Q3 it was so easy.

Q1 was next and it was pretty good but I doubt I got a reasonable amount of marks for it but I reckon I got 9,10 or 11 out of 20.

Q2 was the hardest because the quality of the quotes were **** and all I said for the effects was about imagery,making the person want to read more etc.
Reply 79
Are bees and honeybees different because i re done my one because i though honey bees and bees were different, is this good???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending