The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think a woman who has killed a foetus could ever be a good mother?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. But why did the mother abort her unborn kid? Couldn't she have put her kid on adoption and interviewed with the parents?

If the mom had unconditional love for her unborn child who she doesn't think she is fit to raise, why not at least give the unborn kid an opportunity to be raised by other people?
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
Research it, labor can be dangerous and a foetus is not as important as a grown up, would you rather kill a grown adult or a foetus? Most likely a foetus as it cannot actually do anything yet.

Lol. All mothers die during labor? Who told you that? Definitely fetuses are as important as grownups. Because they are the same living beings,but different forms. You weren't a fetus? It's kinda like mass & energy. Both are the same,but different forms.
Original post by SmileyVibe
Yeah. But why did the mother abort her unborn kid? Couldn't she have put her kid on adoption and interviewed with the parents?

If the mom had unconditional love for her unborn child who she doesn't think she is fit to raise, why not at least give the unborn kid an opportunity to be raised by other people?

"Opportunity" means nothing. An unborn kid has no more of an "opportunity" than all the sperm in my balls or all the eggs going down the toilet once a month. If it's unborn, it doesn't care, it doesn't have a life, and it has no more of a future than a bag of salted sunflower seeds.
Original post by JordanL_
"Opportunity" means nothing. An unborn kid has no more of an "opportunity" than all the sperm in my balls or all the eggs going down the toilet once a month. If it's unborn, it doesn't care, it doesn't have a life, and it has no more of a future than a bag of salted sunflower seeds.

No. Opportunity does means something. Opportunity to live life and breathe air like every living creature on this Earth. Eggs do not have chicks in it, at least the ones I eat. I'm not sure about your eggs though. The sperms in your balls can fertilize the eggs of a female. Unless the sperm fertilize an egg then life cannot be created. Your sperm cells does not create babies, the fertilized eggs does. Didn't you start as the unborn? Every person started as the unborn. The creators of technology, the celebrities people worship, you, and I started as the unborn. Do you have a favorite celebrity or have any love for your parents? Did they not start as the unborn?

Are you saying that they have no future, you have no future, I don't have a future and every walking talking human on this planet has no future?

So you cannot predict the unborn's future therefore is it justified to prevent him or her from being born?

I'm not a really much of a pro lifer but to wish bad luck on an unborn child and to treat him or her if they'll have no value to anyone and have a bleak future because the biological mother doesn't want to be involved is harsh.
(edited 7 years ago)
No. Opportunity does means something. Opportunity to live life and breathe air like every living creature on this Earth. Eggs do not have chicks in it, at least the ones I eat. I'm not sure about your eggs though. The sperms in your balls can fertilize the eggs of a female. Unless the sperm fertilize an egg then life cannot be created. If not, your sperm is just sperm cells. Didn't you start as the unborn? Every person started as the unborn. The creators of technology, the celebrities people worship, you, and I started as the unborn. Do you have a favorite celebrity or have any love for your parents? Did they not start as the unborn?

Are you saying that they have no future, you have no future, I don't have a future and every walking talking human on this planet has no future?

So you cannot predict the unborn's future therefore is it justified to prevent him or her from being born?

I'm not a really much of a pro lifer but I think its wishing bad luck on a baby to say they might have a bad future so get rid of em now.

I didn't have a future before I was born. I really, genuinely wouldn't care if I'd been aborted, because I'd never have existed.

Every single egg and sperm cell has the ability to grow into a life. I just don't see why an unborn baby has any more of a future than a sperm cell. When you have an abortion, you aren't potentially killing the next Stephen Hawking or whoever else. A future is made as you live your life, not in the womb.
Original post by LeftWingMoron
You don't have the choice to do a lot of things with your own body. You're not allowed to kill yourself, you're not allowed to stick heroin in your veins. Is that barbaric too? What if abortion was never invented, what would you do?

You can kill yourself if you want to. Literally nobody is stopping you? Can do heroin if you want. Police might not like it but that s*** still happens. Also haven't you heard of the coat hanger method? Now THAT'S barbaric.
I didn't have a future before I was born. I really, genuinely wouldn't care if I'd been aborted, because I'd never have existed.

Every single egg and sperm cell has the ability to grow into a life. I just don't see why an unborn baby has any more of a future than a sperm cell. When you have an abortion, you aren't potentially killing the next Stephen Hawking or whoever else. A future is made as you live your life, not in the womb.

There is past, present, and future. You know what I mean. Your parents met, your mom got pregnant, you age and mature, and currently here you are typing on this site. You do realize the future is the event that will take place? The future doesn't only apply 15 year span. Yesterday, a week ago, and an hour was the past.

Human beings are made out of cells and cells split into many cells in just one minute. The unborn child may not be Stephen Hawking but the unborn child could be your son, daughter, bff, boyfriend/girlfriend, teacher, Mom, Dad, sibling, wife/husband and just about anyone who has influenced you or brought you joy or love. The womb produces children, how else would people make families? The unborn child can be your future or part of your future. I'm not saying everyone's lives depend on children but all human beings started as cells and children. My Mom couldn't have give birth to me is she was never born. I'm may not be a celebrity but I like to believe myself and every human being is valuable to someone else.

A child is anyone who is the offspring of two people which includes you and I. A child may be unwanted by the Mom but it doesn't mean he or she will remain unwanted in life by everyone.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is past, present, and future. You know what I mean. Your parents met, your mom got pregnant, you age and mature, and currently here you are typing on this site. You do realize the future is the event that will take place? The future doesn't only apply 15 year span. Yesterday, a week ago, and an hour was the past.

Human beings are made out of cells and cells split into many cells in just one minute. The unborn child may not be Stephen Hawking but the unborn child could be your son, daughter, bff, boyfriend/girlfriend, teacher, Mom, Dad, sibling, just about anyone who has influence or involved in your life. The womb produces children, how else would people make families? The unborn child can be your future or part of your future. I'm not saying everyone's lives depend on children but all human beings started as cells and children. My Mom couldn't have give birth to me is she was never born. I'm may not be a celebrity but I like to believe myself and every human being is valuable to someone else.

The future isn't fixed. If parents choose not to abort, maybe the future is that the child is born and grows up. If they choose to abort, the future is that nobody is born. Nobody's missing out on anything.

The unborn child couldn't be any of those things because it's not born. The parents chose to abort, so it was never going to be born. Maybe if it had been born it would be my teacher, but it wasn't, so I have a different teacher. There are billions of children that are never born, but I don't have a gaping hole in my life due to all of those people that never existed.

If your mother was never born, you wouldn't care because you wouldn't exist. Nobody around you would care because neither of you would have existed. People wouldn't miss out on part of their future, the future would just be different.
Is there any way to tell if a woman has had an abortion in case she lies about it?

Any woman who would be for it in any way would be removed of my list of potential partners. #1 turn off for sure. Utterly barbaric, killing your own potential child.

Yeah okay, so maybe the fact that her aborted fetus was the product of incest or rape????!!! Could you imagine the amount of psychological damage it would add by carrying that child to full term??
Also a child born like that (through incest for example) would have high chances of being in someway handicapped? Don't you think that is cruel?
Okay so what if the mother (who was unintentially pregnant) can't provide a seemingly okay child with the quality of life they deserves? Don't you think that is unfair?
Maybe consider the trauma people women would face carrying the child and giving them up for adoption??

Please think before typing up some plainly idiotic and ignorant argument. Ty
The future isn't fixed. If parents choose not to abort, maybe the future is that the child is born and grows up. If they choose to abort, the future is that nobody is born. Nobody's missing out on anything.

The unborn child couldn't be any of those things because it's not born. The parents chose to abort, so it was never going to be born. Maybe if it had been born it would be my teacher, but it wasn't, so I have a different teacher. There are billions of children that are never born, but I don't have a gaping hole in my life due to all of those people that never existed.

If your mother was never born, you wouldn't care because you wouldn't exist. Nobody around you would care because neither of you would have existed. People wouldn't miss out on part of their future, the future would just be different.

The parents chose to abort and influenced the future of the child. If it was a miscarriage it would be of been an unfortunate accident. An abortion is not accidental.

The child couldn't be any of those things because she or he was prevented from being born. I agree that their deaths wouldn't affect you emotionally but its about the people they could of have been, and witnessing the sun and breathing the air just as the animals some people think are entitled to more than the unborn.

People would not miss out on their future because they would be too dead to know their future.

Although the child may be unaware of life outside their mom's womb do they still not have the human right to see the world outside the mom's womb or the life of the unborn is determined by the Mom who has already labeled her own flesh disposable?

The Mom and Father do not have to play the role in the child's life. I know a friend who was adopted. Her biological parents may not play any roles in her life but the quality of her life is just as good as people with biological children.
Original post by skunkboy
Lol. All mothers die during labor? Who told you that? Definitely fetuses are as important as grownups. Because they are the same living beings,but different forms. You weren't a fetus? It's kinda like mass & energy. Both are the same,but different forms.

Ugh...Can you read? At what point did I say that? I said it can be dangerous for all mothers and if they don't want to go though it they shouldn't have too. Do your research jeez. Thats like saying an egg is the same as a chicken, it's not, its an egg And a foetus can't do anything until its a baby? And a fetus is not a baby. What has more worth a foetus or a fully grown human with life, family, friends,etc.? I think it's obvious. My overall point is that it is the mothers choice.
Original post by AlteredBoy
You can kill yourself if you want to. Literally nobody is stopping you? Can do heroin if you want. Police might not like it but that s*** still happens. Also haven't you heard of the coat hanger method? Now THAT'S barbaric.

Your two examples will have the law stopping you. Police have to stop you from trying to kill yourself and police will stop you doing heroin.
Your two examples will have the law stopping you. Police have to stop you from trying to kill yourself and police will stop you doing heroin.

There's literally nothing the police can do if I try to commit in my own home? Like I said, the police should try to stop people from using heroin but it doesn't always work.

Edit: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Eliz2/9-10/60 "The rule of law whereby it is a crime for a person to commit suicide is hereby abrogated" suicide stopped being illegal in 1960.
(edited 7 years ago)
I wish more people had abortions really.
Remember not to ****, you're killing MILLIONS of babies :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending