The Student Room Group

Maths exam questions

im soon to take my maths exam, in a matter of weeks i was wondering does anyone know the most likely topics to come up in the non-calculator paper as i would really like to get a B or an A, also any resources that have helped people would be useful :smile:
Which exam board are you studying?
Reply 2
Original post by Matt14451
Which exam board are you studying?

was about to post this thread but saw this one, I'm doing edexcel and also aiming for an A any advice would be appreciated, cheers
Original post by DeCosta
was about to post this thread but saw this one, I'm doing edexcel and also aiming for an A any advice would be appreciated, cheers

Cool, I'm doing AQA but did Edexcel last year, the whole school changed. I've been getting secure As so hoping for an A*. The specifications are very similar so I'll help wherever necessary.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Matt14451
Cool, I'm doing AQA but did Edexcel last year, the whole school changed. I've been getting secure As so hoping for an A*. The specifications are very similar so I'll help wherever necessary.

Yeah I have been getting A*s on the older edexcel papers e.g. 2011 2012 etc. However I did the 2015 paper and only got a low A. I think I did worse because the questions are much more wordy on the 2015 paper. The older papers literally tell you what type of question it is and I think that's why I do much better on them.

So if this years paper is like 2015, then I think I will come out with a very low A lol
KESH maths is really good for revision, in my opinion at least. You can print off exam papers around 10 questions purely off of one topic. I have some covering, vectors, 3D pythagoras, graph functions, etc. It's pretty decent to practise and make sure you know your stuff :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest