The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

first year accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Canuck93
Do you happen to know anything about Beaumont House?

Yeah I've never actually been inside Beamount but I know plenty of people there and I've seen the outside and stuff, never heard bad things about the rooms just it can get annoying sharing bathrooms as you don't get an ensuite, but that's to be expected. Very sociable housing on the whole though!

Original post by clarkeae
Hi! I've been allocated Stamford Houses (not the halls it's the converted houses) but I have never seen the inside of one or any photos:/ any ideas about what I can expect? Thanks!

I'm not too sure I know entirely what you mean by stamford houses, they all tend to have their own individual name, do you know which one you have been allocated exactly?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by ineedaspacebar
Yeah I've never actually been inside Beamount but I know plenty of people there and I've seen the outside and stuff, never heard bad things about the rooms just it can get annoying sharing bathrooms as you don't get an ensuite, but that's to be expected. Very sociable housing on the whole though!

I'm not too sure I know entirely what you mean by stamford houses, they all tend to have their own individual name, do you know which one you have been allocated exactly?

They've literally given me zero information:frown: I've tried googling it but no results. Do you know what the converted housing is like or the vibes in oadby in general?:smile:
Original post by clarkeae
They've literally given me zero information:frown: I've tried googling it but no results. Do you know what the converted housing is like or the vibes in oadby in general?:smile:

I've just checked out a little map of OSV and I'm pretty sure I know what it means by stamford houses now. They all seem pretty close knit where everyone in the houses gets along really well and does stuff together so that's pretty nice! OSV in general is great, I love it here! The Village hub truly is the centre of OSV with incredibly cheap drinks, massive TV and pool tables. I don't know much about Oadby itself as the only time I've been into the centre was when I missed my bus stop and ended up quite deep into Oadby (lol). But there is a really nice whetherspoons not far from the student village aswell as the ASDA superstore just up the road but other than that it's just an average midlands village/town really.
Yeah I've never actually been inside Beamount but I know plenty of people there and I've seen the outside and stuff, never heard bad things about the rooms just it can get annoying sharing bathrooms as you don't get an ensuite, but that's to be expected. Very sociable housing on the whole though!?

Thanks so much I'm coming from Canada so it isn't always the easiest to find information.
Thanks so much I'm coming from Canada so it isn't always the easiest to find information.

No problem, there are also a lot of Canadians here as well as a lot of societies specifically for international students so no doubt you're going to have a great time and make loads of friends! :biggrin:
Reply 25
I'm thinking of applying to City Halls but i'm really scared that there will be no undergraduates there and the social life will be terrible. Does anyone know whether I'm making the wrong decision :frown:
Original post by hxmx
I'm thinking of applying to City Halls but i'm really scared that there will be no undergraduates there and the social life will be terrible. Does anyone know whether I'm making the wrong decision :frown:

Hey! I'm a first year, going to stay i ncity living next year but i know loads of people who live in nixon court & they're palced with undergrads or are actually undergrads!
Whats the atmosphere like at John Foster halls anyone know? :smile:
Original post by jawsontheflooor
Whats the atmosphere like at John Foster halls anyone know? :smile:

Really good, jofo is known to be the most sociable housing, whatever you're looking for in student halls jofo probably has it. You'll love it there I'm sure.
Original post by iwannabgrateful
hi I have been offered Clivedon house. Anyone know any info much about it, what they think of it, or anything? i found old threads but obviously things might've changed since then. Like i put my preferred as Single gender not mixed. Anyone know which one Clivedon is?? thanks..

Clivedon is really good, I walk past it everyday and know a few people in there now. As far as I know it's single sex, I'm pretty sure it's split in two with boys upstairs and girls downstairs (or vice versa I'm not too sure which is which). If you're not sure what it looks like it's the house right in front of you in this google maps street view - https://goo.gl/uNNnUP
Really good, jofo is known to be the most sociable housing, whatever you're looking for in student halls jofo probably has it. You'll love it there I'm sure.

thank you :smile: i'm gonna be in the houses so nice to know
Do you happen to know anything about Beaumont House?

New blocks or old? I'm pretty sure the new blocks are all getting refurbished, but to be honest at the moment they're not the best. Hopefully after they've been refurbished it will be better though :-)
Original post by puzzeled
They opened on monday! can only apply if Leicester is your firm

Do you know what happens for the insurance students? Leicester is my insurance so I'm wondering if I have to do anything for accommodation. If it matters, I'm an international applicant.

Thanks!

EDIT: I went and pulled up the emails from the uni and I've got the info now. Thanks anyway!
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't be sorry about the questions, I'm happy to help!
I'm in GMS, Bowder court.
The John Foster accommodation is great and seems to be the most desirable in the student village, it is about the same price as mine (joint most expensive I believe) but people say the kitchens in Bowder court are much nice than JoFo. JoFo is not at all socially detached, the whole place is linked and we have parties with people from all over the place quite a lot if I'm honest. It is kind of annoying having to get the bus every day to get to lectures but Oadby is a lovely place to live and is quite refreshing compared to city living. I do like living here, the RAs put on events everyday and the village hub is probably the best part of the student village, extremely cheap drinks, pool table and big screen TV, what more can you ask for?!

I hope this answers your questions and please don't hesitate to ask more :biggrin:

Im stuck between the pavillions and bowder court. im scared i'll be far away from the pavillions whihc is where all the fun is. what do you think i should do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending