The Student Room Group

Struggling to remember AS content

My first exam is in 2 weeks (Psychology).
I take:
AS Biology OCR A New Spec - Teaching finished
AS Chemistry OCR A New spec - Teaching not finished
AS Psychology AQA A New spec - Teaching finished.
I have made flashcards + notes on everything and I've been doing papers.
However I'm finding myself in a panic as I'm struggling to remember everything and I don't know what else to do?
I've been getting a range of Ds and As in both chemistry and biology and As/ Bs in psychology.
I would like to achieve ABB/ AAB at the end
Does anyone have any helpful tips?
It looks like you're panicking, don't get yourself into a panic. Look at examiner reports.
2 weeks is more than enough, don't worry.
First week, go over all the knowledge, try and get your family member to randomly test you on any part of the book. Do a past paper and see which topics you're weak on.
Second week, past paper after past paper, keep repeating past papers to see what you get wrong, revise those topics which you're weak on, keep doing past papers. You should be prepared enough by the time that exam rolls around.
Original post by Rose.n
My first exam is in 2 weeks (Psychology).
I take:
AS Biology OCR A New Spec - Teaching finished
AS Chemistry OCR A New spec - Teaching not finished
AS Psychology AQA A New spec - Teaching finished.
I have made flashcards + notes on everything and I've been doing papers.
However I'm finding myself in a panic as I'm struggling to remember everything and I don't know what else to do?
I've been getting a range of Ds and As in both chemistry and biology and As/ Bs in psychology.
I would like to achieve ABB/ AAB at the end
Does anyone have any helpful tips?

best way to ingrain items in your memory is recalling them sporadically, thus, you should pump out past past like a b****, the papers force you to think hard about what you remembered, and even if you get something wrong, after correcting the paper you're going to be much more likely to remember what you got wrong. good luck

Quick Reply