Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
I called him Dave :P

i called mine dave as well, thats weird
Original post by mathphysics123
i called mine dave as well, thats weird

:biggrin:
Reply 1182
Original post by senpyi
Same, it all depends on how people interpret the points for bullet point 3 because you could interpret it a different way to everyone else and that could still be right in your eyes but wrong in the mark scheme.

That's why I hate this mark scheme. Especially Q2 where there are so many interpretations but only 1 correct one in terms of Cambridge.
Original post by ibte10
It has been a pleasure to host this thread. I hope everybody found it useful. BTW guys, did you notice the error in Q3 where they stated the importance of honeybees. They forgot to include humans. It may have an effect on some people although I think it really didn't have an effect on me but that Was unacceptable.

What do you mean there was a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by batbat1306
Hey!

I can't help you on that one, unfortunately. I know that I got 29/30 on the speaking but I'm not too sure on the coursework. I thought I got 36/40 and 9/10 for the other bit but I don;t think that's the case! :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Anyway, good luck for today! Hopefully the exam paper won't be hellish like last years!

Thanks,
btw how did you find the exam??
Reply 1185
Original post by DamnDaniel2
What do you mean there was a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The question was: What are honeybees useful to humans and what threatens their existence.

It said this at the top and at the top of part (b) but in the box that you have to write the notes it didn't say to humans just what are honeybees useful for or something like that.
Original post by Redcoats
The egyptian medicine idea should be fine because the examiners always try to throw curve balls at you and I'm quite sure that was one of them. If you developed the idea of health, I think the examiner would be ridiculously churlish so you're fine! Hope you get your A* and get what you want in the rest of your exams!

Haha that's good! I need 48/50 and this paper totally took that chance away so hopefully I got an A! Good luck to you and hopefully you get all the grades you want as well :smile: hope the examiners are really kind as it was probably the toughest paper for this exam board (in my opinion)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by examhater44
Man i talked about how what they did would determine what to do for the rest of the trip according to the husbands injury

For example, I said we would take more excursions if the husband was fit enough

SH*It

Do u think i will be awarded some marks?

that's exactly what i said!
Original post by I'm_infires
What did you get for your coursework? If it says 52, maybe it's because, no offence, your coursework may be too low so with the exam added on, it may not be enough to push you to an a*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no i checked. I got 40/50 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bushes1309
that's exactly what i said!

Is it right tho?
I think it should be
Original post by I'm_infires
What did you get for your coursework? If it says 52, maybe it's because, no offence, your coursework may be too low so with the exam added on, it may not be enough to push you to an a*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 40/50 and 18-20/25 which equals 58-60/125. 106-58 = 48 106-60 = 46 so I need either 46 or 48 depending on my speaking and listening mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by examhater44
Is it right tho?
I think it should be

i think theres another thread in which you can view the unofficial mark scheme and they defo listed it.:wink:
Reply 1192
If you are confused about questions and if your answers are correct, it's best to speak to teachers when they get the paper tomorrow because they'll know if your points are valid or not. Hope everyones exam went well!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462307725.904260.jpg

guys in previous mark schemes it says additional incorrect points for the 15 mark bulletpoints will negate. Does that mean tht if you write more than 15 and some of them are wrong will they deduct marks? What does negate actually mean? I didn't write more thn 15 myself cos I couldn't actually find more and ended up blagging some but some of my friends wrote 21?! Will they get marks taken off if theyre wrong?

(sorry repost from unofficial mark scheme)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
If you are confused about questions and if your answers are correct, it's best to speak to teachers when they get the paper tomorrow because they'll know if your points are valid or not. Hope everyones exam went well!

Question 1 and 3 was my love for the whole exam so easy but question 2 was a bit of a myth
Reply 1195
Original post by ducks_sd
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462307725.904260.jpg

guys in previous mark schemes it says additional incorrect points for the 15 mark bulletpoints will negate. Does that mean tht if you write more than 15 and some of them are wrong will they deduct marks? What does negate actually mean? I didn't write more thn 15 myself cos I couldn't actually find more and ended up blagging some but some of my friends wrote 21?! Will they get marks taken off if theyre wrong?

(sorry repost from unofficial mark scheme)

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you write more than 15 anything outside your first 15 is just ignored. Even if one is wrong in the first 15 and one right in the others you have put you will not be credited. The examiner only judges the first 15. Negate means ignore.
btw do we lose marks if we have a lot of corrected mistakes?
Is it just me or was the exam poorly written? I misinterpreted one or 2 paragraphs in the Q1 and Q2 text. Anybody feel this way?
This has probably been answered thousands of times already, but if you don't get all 15 points, will the mistakes you made (in 3a) be carried over to the actual summary (3b) and thus you'll be penalised for it?
Does it matter if you go over the word count guidelines for questions 1/2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending