The Student Room Group

How is everyone's A level Edexcel Maths preparation going?

Just wondering. What units/modules are you taking and how much are you done with? Also, what grade are you aiming for?

Scroll to see replies

C3 is fine, C4 is fine except tricky vector questions. The FP1 exam should go well (aiming for 75/75), but I need to go over all of d1 and d2 again.I'm aiming for A* in maths and A in FM as.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=NotNotBatman;64561109]C3 is fine, C4 is fine except tricky vector questions. The FP1 exam should go well (aiming for 75/75), but I need to go over all of d1 and d2 again.I'm aiming for A* in maths and A in FM as.

Vectors honestly remind me on hell on this planet.
I'm trying really hard these days to not procrastinate but I'm not doing well :colonhash:
Original post by Noara
I'm trying really hard these days to not procrastinate but I'm not doing well :colonhash:

Which units are you sitting this year?
Not going well so far, my in class test grades stand at
C3: C
C4: C
S2: B
S3: U
FP2: U
M2: B

But I am confident with some grinding over these coming days I can get A* in maths and A in further maths
Alright, been getting A*s in all C3/C4 D1; my aim is 300/300.
Original post by Noara

I know the feeling :console: - I had a first year uni module called vector mechanics - for me, it combined two of the most horrible topics at A-level known to man :tongue:
Reply 7
I'm doing C3/C4/M1 this year. Just working through Solomon papers for C3/C4 and doing some of the older Edexcel M1 papers (they're easier and M1 is my weakest of the 3 so I'm starting with those).

Also doing some Solomon worksheets for C4 connected rates of change/integration/vectors as those are the dangerous topics. However I don't think vectors are that bad. I'll probably start doing the Edexcel papers in the next 2-3 weeks. Going for dat A*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
[QUOTE=NotNotBatman;64561545]Which units are you sitting this year?

Oh I'm actually just taking C12 and M1 exams. The thing that I'm most terrified of is that it's IAL and edexcel does not have a very good past record of being a little nice when making the IAL versions.
I'm aiming for full raw marks and I'm getting a bit lazy atm. I need to bully myself to study, yet again.
Reply 9
Original post by Music With Rocks
Not going well so far, my in class test grades stand at
C3: C
C4: C
S2: B
S3: U
FP2: U
M2: B

But I am confident with some grinding over these coming days I can get A* in maths and A in further maths

You and me need to pull the gear mode to high...
Reply 10
Original post by SeanFM
I know the feeling :console: - I had a first year uni module called vector mechanics - for me, it combined two of the most horrible topics at A-level known to man :tongue:

aww, how did you perform haha?
But wait, a more inportant question: how did you cope up with not jumping off the cliff?
Reply 11
Original post by TajwarC
I'm doing C3/C4/M1 this year. Just working through Solomon papers for C3/C4 and doing some of the older Edexcel M1 papers (they're easier and M1 is my weakest of the 3 so I'm starting with those).

Also doing some Solomon worksheets for C4 connected rates of change/integration/vectors as those are the dangerous topics. However I don't think vectors are that bad. I'll probably start doing the Edexcel papers in the next 2-3 weeks. Going for dat A*

Are you done with all the revision for M1?
Original post by Noara
aww, how did you perform haha?
But wait, a more inportant question: how did you cope up with not jumping off the cliff?

I did okay funnily enough, there were worse modules :bawling: it was very stressful overall and I wanted to quit in the first year :s-smilie: but here I am, reaching the end of the second year and not really studying for exams :rofl:.
I'm doing C3, C4 and S2. C3 is okay, vectors in C4 has to be the most annoying topic, S2 is relatively easy but because my teacher is rubbish, I've had to teach the module to myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also forgot about S2, I've never revised or practised outside of class for it, I'm pretty much winging it at this point, but I did well in the mock, so it shouldn't be too bad.
Reply 15
Original post by SeanFM

Sounds like I'd love that module! :biggrin:
Reply 16
I'm fine with C3-4, S1 and FP2. S2 and M3 are the only killers.
Original post by Ayman!
Sounds like I'd love that module! :biggrin:

Not surprised :noway: :rofl:
Original post by NotNotBatman
Also forgot about S2, I've never revised or practised outside of class for it, I'm pretty much winging it at this point, but I did well in the mock, so it shouldn't be too bad.

Have a look at past papers carefully, there are tiny bits that you just need to know, like definitions, relating things back to the context, :erm: that's about it.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 18
I'm pretty behind schedule in comparison to last year, we've just finished being taught C4 so I can start doing whole papers. But M2 is going to be the end of me, hopefully C3 and M1 will be good though :h:
Original post by SeanFM
Not surprised :noway: :rofl:

Have a look at past papers carefully, there are tiny bits that you just need to know, like definitions, relating things back to the context, :erm: that's about it.

Spoiler

ah, that was where I lost the mark on that test, I didn't relate the poisson dist. back to the question. I'll have to remember to do that. And about the spoiler bit; yeah sure :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending