The Student Room Group

How did you find the IGCSE English Language exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simba_madridsta
I started from question 3 because it has more marks and I was instructed to by my teacher but i absolutely loved Q3 it was so easy.

Q1 was next and it was pretty good but I doubt I got a reasonable amount of marks for it but I reckon I got 9,10 or 11 out of 20.

Q2 was the hardest because the quality of the quotes were **** and all I said for the effects was about imagery,making the person want to read more etc.

I couldn't have said it better myself!
Original post by simba_madridsta
lol I probably got the same.

Same :frown:
Original post by j.bolding2
me!

how did u find it?
Original post by Yuuna
I almost fell asleep reading rhe passages...and why the hell were both of them about bees XD q2 was a mess .. The powerful phrases were NOT powerful XD

ikr!! I've practiced so many past papers and this was the worst one. Most past papers are about adventures and stuff like that, but this was about bees and staying at a hotel??!! I even tried to learn vocabularies surrounding advetures before this exam but i wasted that time. There wasn't anything for them to describe really.
Are bees and honeybees different because i re done my one because i though honey bees and bees were different, is this good???
Original post by gcsestudent3856
ikr!! I've practiced so many past papers and this was the worst one. Most past papers are about adventures and stuff like that, but this was about bees and staying at a hotel??!! I even tried to learn vocabularies surrounding advetures before this exam but i wasted that time. There wasn't anything for them to describe really.

I couldn't give a ****ing **** about bees anymore!
me!

did u understand the last question [summary?]
Are bees and honeybees different because i re done my one because i though honey bees and bees were different, is this good???
Guys one route in complaining to the exam board is this, not really sure, but...

https://www.facebook.com/cie.org.uk
and
https://twitter.com/cie_education

bombard them with horror!!!!
Original post by Kiniun
Everyone else was panicking and I just couldn't take the exam seriously
I was chilling out for the last 10 mins :rofl:

loool same it still hasnt hit me thats the real one
Original post by Rhianmaghie
did u understand the last question [summary?]

No not at all! it was so hard im looking for a mark scheme
Original post by Pro4TLZZ
i didnt use paragraphs ffs. will i get marked down?

Feels harsh, but yeh u will

Posted from TSR Mobile
No not at all! it was so hard im looking for a mark scheme

follow me and send me the link plzzzzzz thanx
That awkward moment, when everyone else is turning to page 3 and ur still stuck reading the first page

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by luke8765

they are the same thing
Reply 116
Did anyone else run out of time? I did question 3 then 1 and only managed to do half of question 2 which was the hardest >_<
This is bad to say but I am so glad that everyone struggled with Q2 its making me feel a little more confident about it. I was glad it was a letter because is messed up in November when it was a speech. However the text was unbelievably dull and I also found it hard to understand. Had to read it through about 3 or 4 times just to get the general idea of the the passage. Did any one give a name to Mr Head? His initials where M.R Head right? I called him michael :3 and said that I was euphoric when he left, not sure if thats gonna convince the examiner, but hey! at least I squeezed euphoric in there!
Yeah I did. I foink it rather easy actually but Question 3 *The summary) was rather annoying as since the notes from Passage B about some stupid Empires Villa was sort of hard to pick your 10 notes from. Question 2 (The directed writing) WAAAAS easy!!!. I was zoo happy when I found that we had to do it in a form of a Letter. Wbu???
ermm well question 1 was okay i guess, I kind of enjoyed answering it (hopefully this don't backfire on me cry lmao) question 3 was also okay but for my summary i think ill onlyget 4 because I did't have the time to check it and I know i've got a mistake in their somewhere. Question 2 was a tip i mean seriously where th were the pharses/words, still managed to complete the whole paper but had no time to double check sigh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending