The Student Room Group

IGCSE CIE 3rd May 2016 English Language Core Paper

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by UnKoWn_AdventurE
Thats actually dependant on your coursework grade. If you know your marks I could work out the amount needed for a C

Hi,

I got an A & A* IN MY COURSEWORK (ORAL) / (WRITTEN)

Could you please tell me how many id roughly need in this paper to get a grade C pass overall ??

Thanks
Original post by ARON911
Hi,

I got an A & A* IN MY COURSEWORK (ORAL) / (WRITTEN)

Could you please tell me how many id roughly need in this paper to get a grade C pass overall ??

Thanks

I would need your mark specifically although based on some of my peers who recieved similar results approximately between 6-15
Reply 22
I would need your mark specifically although based on some of my peers who recieved similar results approximately between 6-15

So would that be out of the total makes in the paper which were 50??

So I only needed to get about 10 marks for a pass?
Original post by ARON911
So would that be out of the total makes in the paper which were 50??

So I only needed to get about 10 marks for a pass?

Yea basically
Thats actually dependant on your coursework grade. If you know your marks I could work out the amount needed for a C

I think I got B in coursework and a b/c in speaking and listening, how much marks will I need?

THAT EXAM WAS TERRIBLE.
I got a 32 in coursework, 6 for reading, and 18/25 in Speaking. How Many marks would I need to get a C?
Has anyone signed the petition to lower the grade boundaries its nearly at 10,000!!!!
Here's the link
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/lower-grade-boundaries-for-igcse-english-language-2016
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by EnglishNoobC
I got a 32 in coursework, 6 for reading, and 18/25 in Speaking. How Many marks would I need to get a C?

For anyone else whos wondering what they'll need
The way you calculate it is by multiplying your speaking and listening mark by 0.843.

E.g (0.843 x 29) = 24.447

Then you add that mark to your coursework

E,g 49 + 24.447 = 73.447 (Rounds down)

The Grade boundaries then are C: 76 B: 86 A: 96 A*: 106

So for this individual to get an A* it is 33 marks
Where did you get the information on about how to work out grade? I thought you needed 83 for a C?
Reply 29
Can anyone create an Unofficial Mark Scheme for IGCSE CIE English Language Core 2016 3rd May,please?It is really important ans will be very useful!Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending