The Student Room Group

Lets Talk Fountain Pens

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Platopus
No, I'm sitting my A2s this year. You could say that: Im studying it at uni next year and doing an A level in it atm.

I want to do Philosophy in uni, well have fun. Who's your favourite philosopher?
Currently using a Visconti 'Van Gogh' fountain pen, and a Parker Sonnet 13 as a back up. Possibly looking at a Pelikan M600 for my next one
Original post by Redmonds
Currently using a Visconti 'Van Gogh' fountain pen, and a Parker Sonnet 13 as a back up. Possibly looking at a Pelikan M600 for my next one

You lucky son-of-a-gun. Which Van Gogh do you have? I wish I have a homo sapiens but my grant can only afford a couple Pelicans and my Puente de resistances the Caran D'Ache given to me Sir Prof, Patrick Derham. The Head-Master of Westminster School.
Reply 43
After realising that my Lamy was at least 10 years old, I recently treated myself to a new Lamy Al-Star in black purple
Original post by Juno
After realising that my Lamy was at least 10 years old, I recently treated myself to a new Lamy Al-Star in black purple

Perhaps try a cheapo Jinhao, they're like £2 but work pretty good.
[QUOTE="Anonymous;64566181"]
No, I'm sitting my A2s this year. You could say that: Im studying it at uni next year and doing an A level in it atm.

I want to do Philosophy in uni, well have fun. Who's your favourite philosopher?

Don't really have a favourite! I do admire Bertrand Russell though.
[QUOTE="Platopus;64566457"]
Original post by Anonymous

Don't really have a favourite! I do admire Bertrand Russell though.

Do you like Prof. Arthur Schopenhauer?
[QUOTE="Anonymous;64566475"]

Do you like Prof. Arthur Schopenhauer?

Not studied him I'm afraid.
[QUOTE="Platopus;64566501"]

Not studied him I'm afraid.

His ideology is quite profound with his idea of "the will to life" pretty similar to Prof. Sigmund Freud's work but with a lot more emphasis on human attraction. A bitter man nevertheless but a man of greatness and I strive to be. Plus Charles Dickens was fond on him :smile:)))))))))
[QUOTE="Anonymous;64566605"]

His ideology is quite profound with his idea of "the will to life" pretty similar to Prof. Sigmund Freud's work but with a lot more emphasis on human attraction. A bitter man nevertheless but a man of greatness and I strive to be. Plus Charles Dickens was fond on him :smile:)))))))))

Here's a nice video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zmfNx7OM4
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
Indeed, you can get a pretty inexpensive set from The Pen Shop, I'll even give you my discount.

Thanks for the offer, but I have my own calligraphy set
I also use Lamy Joy which is good for a quick calligraphy message.
Do u do calligraphy too?
Original post by rayestar
Thanks for the offer, but I have my own calligraphy set
I also use Lamy Joy which is good for a quick calligraphy message.
Do u do calligraphy too?

I wish I was skilled! I would try but theres so many stories to work on and articles and ideology to eveloped!!!!! THERES NOT ENOUGHT TIME!!!! WE HAVE TO RISE UP AND BECAME THE GREATEST, RAYESTAR; THE BLOODY GREATEST. YOU SHALL BE REMBRANT!
I wish I was skilled! I would try but theres so many stories to work on and articles and ideology to eveloped!!!!! THERES NOT ENOUGHT TIME!!!! WE HAVE TO RISE UP AND BECAME THE GREATEST, RAYESTAR; THE BLOODY GREATEST. YOU SHALL BE REMBRANT!

haha I'm flattered by all those great comments:colondollar:
Do u write stories? I used to write stories online! But I'm kinda taking a break cos of my gcse
Hey hey, You just made a friend.
I like working on vintage pens, there's this NOVA that a professor gave me in year 10 and it always leaks but boy that pen write like a dream. It's fantabulous.
Whenever someone uses a pen with lever filler system they always play with it get ink everywhere and they always somehow make the nib feel gritty? Somehow. Peasants, please go play with your with your bics. Vintage Watermans are oooh.
Original post by rayestar
haha I'm flattered by all those great comments:colondollar:
Do u write stories? I used to write stories online! But I'm kinda taking a break cos of my gcse

I write stories every day my child. Everyday. 13 days to till the Biology exam. How are you feeling?
Hello Everybody,
Thanks for contributing to this amazing and wild subject of they instruments that we play to create the greatest things possible. I want to apologise for my poor writing skills as typing is bloody hard! It takes me around 4 minutes for a line: so hard and stupid. I wish this was paper.
Anyhow: thank you, everyone for being awe inspiring!
I write stories every day my child. Everyday. 13 days to till the Biology exam. How are you feeling?

for some reason, u remind me of a girl in my skl haha
do u do AQA too?
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
Hello Everybody,
Thanks for contributing to this amazing and wild subject of they instruments that we play to create the greatest things possible. I want to apologise for my poor writing skills as typing is bloody hard! It takes me around 4 minutes for a line: so hard and stupid. I wish this was paper.
Anyhow: thank you, everyone for being awe inspiring!

np XD
You lucky son-of-a-gun. Which Van Gogh do you have? I wish I have a homo sapiens but my grant can only afford a couple Pelicans and my Puente de resistances the Caran D'Ache given to me Sir Prof, Patrick Derham. The Head-Master of Westminster School.

It's a gorgeous pen to write with. I have the 'Starry night' model. Homo sapiens is nice but perhaps a bit too big, the concept is cool though!
Original post by Redmonds
It's a gorgeous pen to write with. I have the 'Starry night' model. Homo sapiens is nice but perhaps a bit too big, the concept is cool though!

niccccccccceeeeeeeeeee, steel nib right? How wet is it?

Quick Reply

Latest