The Student Room Group

I'm so scared I won't get my UCAS points required to get on my course.

Sports Journalism at Huddersfield. Need 280 to get in (BBC) however I'm awful at Psychology and despite resitting I think I'll fail. Any chance I'll get on the course with less points?
Original post by James_98
Sports Journalism at Huddersfield. Need 280 to get in (BBC) however I'm awful at Psychology and despite resitting I think I'll fail. Any chance I'll get on the course with less points?

It's all down to what the other applicants get on results day, people do get onto courses by missing one grade but it doesn't always happen.
Reply 2
I was reading up about my chances of getting into my insurance (because I preferred it to my firm, although I've swapped it now so all is well), and apparently only 8% of applicants go to their insurance, because your firm choice will let you in if you miss by a grade or two, especially if you had a good personal statement/application. Obviously there's the chance you could end up in clearing if you miss by a lot, but chances are, a little slip up won't affect you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Shall I ring up my Uni?
Reply 4
Shall I ring up my Uni?

To do what? Ask for a lower offer? No. They aren't going to reduce your offer.

Do the best you can in your exams. See what happens on results day. If you miss the offer there's still a reasonable chance they will accept you (depending on how badly you miss, and what happens to other offer holders).
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
To do what? Ask for a lower offer? No. They aren't going to reduce your offer.

Do the best you can in your exams. See what happens on results day. If you miss the offer there's still a reasonable chance they will accept you (depending on how badly you miss, and what happens to other offer holders).

Thanks, I'm just so worried hahaha.
Reply 6
Thanks, I'm just so worried hahaha.

Worrying won't help anything. Studying will. You know psychology is your weakness so concentrate on that. Ask in the study help forums if there is anything you don't understand. See if your teacher has any tips. Ask your friends what works for them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending