The Student Room Group

Attendance or Early study leave??

My attendance is horrific so I'm not sure if my main priority should be to get it up or to revise. Of course you'd say to revise but universities ARE going to see my attendance and I have been threatened by the school that I could get kicked out since my attendance is like 60/70% and 40/50% in some classes. But I do have a "kinda" excuse and I feel like it would be far too late for the school to kick me out since I have already been entered into the exams. There are only 2 classes that I feel I should go into which are my A2 Biology classes because we are still covering new content whilst my other classes are just revision and mocks which always knock my confidence and is a waste of time because I rather cover my own revision instead of sitting in class like a clueless goldfish waiting until I can get home.
Original post by bluemadhatter
My attendance is horrific so I'm not sure if my main priority should be to get it up or to revise. Of course you'd say to revise but universities ARE going to see my attendance and I have been threatened by the school that I could get kicked out since my attendance is like 60/70% and 40/50% in some classes. But I do have a "kinda" excuse and I feel like it would be far too late for the school to kick me out since I have already been entered into the exams. There are only 2 classes that I feel I should go into which are my A2 Biology classes because we are still covering new content whilst my other classes are just revision and mocks which always knock my confidence and is a waste of time because I rather cover my own revision instead of sitting in class like a clueless goldfish waiting until I can get home.

Actually I'd say to get your attendance up! And there's no reason why you can't sit in your classes and do your own revision - it's what I've started doing in Sociology!
Original post by emiloujess
Actually I'd say to get your attendance up! And there's no reason why you can't sit in your classes and do your own revision - it's what I've started doing in Sociology!

I dont think the teachers would allow it :sad:

they always have a revision lesson plan :/
Reply 3

of course ensure your uni place isn't harmed. my attendance is 60%. Legally if you are in sixth form you don't have to attend school. Just make sure you get good grades in the end! school is a waste of time the **** they chat in 1 hour you can revise in 10 mins. If you are 18 you can legally write your own absence notes/confirm your absence
Same I feel as if revision in lessons is pointless. When I'm on my own I can get so much work done as I can cover whatever I feel needs to be done. Teachers keep giving me hassle about my attendence though:frown:

Spoiler

Really? That's awesome, lmfao.
How are universities going to see your attendance? :s-smilie:
I don't think unis will see your attendance. The receptionist at my old school used to threaten us that she would 'tell UCAS' every time we were late. If you're already at this point in the year where you're about to sit A2 exams i.e. you've sent off your UCAS and got your offers, when would your unis be informed of your attendance? I don't think they care? My A2 attendance overall was 42% but I got AAB and went to uni

How will universities see your attendance?
Original post by infairverona
I don't think unis will see your attendance. The receptionist at my old school used to threaten us that she would 'tell UCAS' every time we were late. If you're already at this point in the year where you're about to sit A2 exams i.e. you've sent off your UCAS and got your offers, when would your unis be informed of your attendance? I don't think they care? My A2 attendance overall was 42% but I got AAB and went to uni

I'm resitting year 12 :L so... and okay okay thank you :biggrin:
I'm resitting year 12 :L so... and okay okay thank you :biggrin:

Oh I see. Well, if it helps, my year 12 attendance was pretty dire too. My teachers used to call my Mum on a daily basis and send home past papers for me to do etc. School is so annoying.

The only place your teachers could mention it would be your references I guess? But to be honest if you get good grades this term and you go into school more around the time they're writing references, I doubt they would put it in there. Also, it looks bad for the school if you don't get into a uni because their statistics of 'x% of students went to uni' is lower so although they threaten it, I really don't think they would tell your unis. I barely went in for teaching on my degree and got a 2.1. In fact, my highest uni grade was a subject I only went to 1 lesson out of 15. If you're the kind of person who works better at home school is annoying and stupid, if you KNOW for a fact you're going to do better at home I would do that
Original post by h8skoooooool
How are universities going to see your attendance? :s-smilie:

This, the only thing from your school they will see is your academic reference. So make sure whoever you have writing that doesnt mind and you are set. Hell for college (which can be just as good for progression as uni in some subjects) some dont even request academic references so there is nothing they know about your past other than what you tell them (and what grades you got on your certificate)

Quick Reply

Latest