The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiloujess
I remember far more if I revise at this time :smile: I swear I'd be nocturnal if it wasn't for college!

Do you have trouble getting up in the morning for college? It's good i've found someone who can relate because honestly i've been stuck with this annoying sleeping pattern for over a year and I can't fix it.
I revise until like 3-5am, sleep, drag my self up in the morning and straight to college. When I get back I end up feeling so tired that I just go to sleep from 4-7ish (although there are time it drags from 5-10) and the cycle repeats.

I only prefer revising at night because it's quiet and I get work done, but my pattern destroys me physically and mentally. I want to be able to have breakfast in the morning before college, especially on exam days, but I barely have time. I literally have 10 mins to sort myself out and get out the door.
Original post by NadeemKha_Arab
Do you have trouble getting up in the morning for college? It's good i've found someone who can relate because honestly i've been stuck with this annoying sleeping pattern for over a year and I can't fix it.
I revise until like 3-5am, sleep, drag my self up in the morning and straight to college. When I get back I end up feeling so tired that I just go to sleep from 4-7ish (although there are time it drags from 5-10) and the cycle repeats.

I only prefer revising at night because it's quiet and I get work done, but my pattern destroys me physically and mentally. I want to be able to have breakfast in the morning before college, especially on exam days, but I barely have time. I literally have 10 mins to sort myself out and get out the door.

Yes I do... I stay up until 4/5 and then sleep until 8. Or I don't sleep at all. Then I'll 'shut my eyes for 5 minutes' when I get home and end up sleeping for 4/5 hours! So yeah I'm exactly the same haha.
Yes I do... I stay up until 4/5 and then sleep until 8. Or I don't sleep at all. Then I'll 'shut my eyes for 5 minutes' when I get home and end up sleeping for 4/5 hours! So yeah I'm exactly the same haha.

Seriously I always thought I was the only one haha. I really need to fix it though it's not good. These days I ALWAYS feel fatigued.
Seriously I always thought I was the only one haha. I really need to fix it though it's not good. These days I ALWAYS feel fatigued.

I'll probably spend the whole summer extremely stressed because of Results but at the same time try and recover from my crappy sleep routine :/
I'll probably spend the whole summer extremely stressed because of Results but at the same time try and recover from my crappy sleep routine :/

Yeah i'm dreading results day and I haven't even done the exams yet. I tried sorting out my sleep over the Easter break, but I completely failed. There are days I say i'm going to finish my revision early and sleep by 12, but I still end up sleeping after college!!
Yeah i'm dreading results day and I haven't even done the exams yet. I tried sorting out my sleep over the Easter break, but I completely failed. There are days I say i'm going to finish my revision early and sleep by 12, but I still end up sleeping after college!!

You're A2 as well? :smile: Yeah my plans never work out :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
You're A2 as well? :smile: Yeah my plans never work out :frown:

Yep, im A2. What subjects you doing?
Yep, im A2. What subjects you doing?

Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies (which is the bane of my life)... what about you?
Finished and marked two chem 1 papers and got 93&92% on them

Marked the end of topic test I did for redox equilibrium for chem 5 I did yesterday and got 100%

I might try to learn some of the transition metal equations in Aq sol can I've neglected that for a while.

Overall pretty happy with my progress in chemistry so hopefully it'll be ok this summer!
Reply 3049
doing some empa revision
then gonna do chem 2 followed by f211 hopefully i can squeeze a core 4 paper tonight
Revising human physiology for the next 3 hours followed by practice papers!
Sociology, Psychology and Film Studies (which is the bane of my life)... what about you?

Maths, Biology and Chemistry. Film studies sounds interesting though haha!
I don't think I'll do revision today, I'll do it tomorrow :smile:
I'm going to do some questions on forces for physics.
Could anyone who has previously done/doing AQA Sociology AS/A2 and AQA English Language B A2 reply to this with resources they use (e.g. word documents, powerpoints)

Going to *try* and finish making notes for English lit tonight
Did notes for 3 of the short stories. Have 8 left. I think I'm gonna have to leave them for tomorrow - I'm too tired to do them now.
Not feeling confident about my upcoming lit exam at the moment... :frown:
Original post by halimakouser1
Could anyone who has previously done/doing AQA Sociology AS/A2 and AQA English Language B A2 reply to this with resources they use (e.g. word documents, powerpoints)

Mind maps for Sociology - I cannot possibly tell you how much they have helped me :smile:
(Sorry I know I double posted but it's a separate issue)

I've revised 3 more Psychology studies tonight (my previous post on revision kinda didn't get done) and I'm feeling much better about them now!

I'm going to have half hour break and then going to finish Chapter 2 of my Sociology textbook :smile:
Reply 3059
thanks @Anon_98 for the reps :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending