The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeekForLife
I KNOW! It's completely useless doing past papers as well because the specimen has changed so much since then, so we've got no past papers to practise with either :frown::frown: BUT, I'm hoping since we are the first year doing the new specimen, MAYBE the exam board will be a little lenient with us?? Oh who am I kidding:afraid:

Haha yeah hopefully! :smile: There's only to hoping that the paper will be relatively straight forward! Which topics are you hoping will come up in the long answer questions for Paper 2? I hope it's not ecology/biodiversity because I honestly haven't studied it properly so :s-smilie:
Original post by silverdolphin
Haha yeah hopefully! :smile: There's only to hoping that the paper will be relatively straight forward! Which topics are you hoping will come up in the long answer questions for Paper 2? I hope it's not ecology/biodiversity because I honestly haven't studied it properly so :s-smilie:

Honestly, at this rate I don't even know what I'll be able to answer and what I won't be able to! :s-smilie:
I've been looking through topics 1-11 every day for around 4 weeks so I think I have reasonably okay knowledge in almost every topic. I particularly like human and animal physiology cos it's more relatable to me than something about a plant :confused: I don't really like ecology or biodiversity either haha
Friendly reminder that we are not allowed to talk about the English Paper 2 for the next 24h!
how did econ SL people find p1? I did q1 and q3! thought the micro ones were a bit poop but managed to evaluate subsidies alright I suppose.... was sort of praying for externalities!
Reply 104
Original post by sophieec
How did people find their English HL paper 2? Does anyone do dramas? :smile:

Paper 2 was decent - i answered question 3. But when I finished the exam I realised I missed out on few good points :/ What about yourself?
Reply 105
Original post by anamariamikhail
how did econ SL people find p1? I did q1 and q3! thought the micro ones were a bit poop but managed to evaluate subsidies alright I suppose.... was sort of praying for externalities!

i did the same questions! i thought 1b was kinda awkward to write about, but i mentioned positive con. externalities for it. and macro 3b was also mehh :s-smilie: macro a) was my jam 😎😂

🌿yungiq🌿
Just finished my bio hl paper 1 and 2. Went really well.
Honestly, at this rate I don't even know what I'll be able to answer and what I won't be able to! :s-smilie:
I've been looking through topics 1-11 every day for around 4 weeks so I think I have reasonably okay knowledge in almost every topic. I particularly like human and animal physiology cos it's more relatable to me than something about a plant :confused: I don't really like ecology or biodiversity either haha

In that case, I'm sure you did/will do fine! :smile: and same here, I much prefer human physiology too! Is that what your school is doing for the option topic in Paper 3?

I found Paper 1 easier than Paper 2 but both were okay overall! I did manage to get down some real life examples but I don't think there was enough tbh :s-smilie:
Did anyone have bio papers 1 and 2 today?

wait were you TZ1 or TZ2?
Original post by sophieec
Did anyone have bio papers 1 and 2 today?

yeah I did! :smile:
Original post by yaschino
yeah I did! :smile:

SL or HL? i'm standard :smile:
Yeah, SL, how did you find it?? I think I'm timezone 0
Original post by amandabaldwin
Yeah, SL, how did you find it?? I think I'm timezone 0

i really struggle with biology so i found it quite hard, don't think i did very well:frown: some bits were alright and others i found quite tricky!! at least its over though! i'm currently cramming for the option paper tomorrow! wbu? :smile:
Original post by silverdolphin
In that case, I'm sure you did/will do fine! :smile: and same here, I much prefer human physiology too! Is that what your school is doing for the option topic in Paper 3?

Haha I hope I did fine!! No we're doing the ecology option, but it's easy enough I suppose. Last bio exam tomorrow I can't wait!
Haha I hope I did fine!! No we're doing the ecology option, but it's easy enough I suppose. Last bio exam tomorrow I can't wait!

i'm doing the same option! it's quite a good one tbh
i found the biology sl paper 1 really hard compared to the previous years :frown:
Original post by Procaffinator
i found the biology sl paper 1 really hard compared to the previous years :frown:

me too!! some questions really threw me :frown:
Oh! Glad to know I'm not the only one who struggled with the exams. It seemed this year biology papers were quite tougher than past ones. Really hoping Paper 3 to save me tomorrow!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending