The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

How well does Loughborough's catered halls fare for vegans?

I've been intending to become a vegan as soon as I move up to university, due to more money being available for me to adequately obtain the necessary nutrients and also the easier nature of being able to cope with the transition from meat eater to vegan.

I was just wondering; do Loughborough's catered halls offer many vegan options, if indeed at all? I've noticed you certainly offer vegetarian options, but unfortunately they contain ingredients such as egg, dairy etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WhatAToole8
I've been intending to become a vegan as soon as I move up to university, due to more money being available for me to adequately obtain the necessary nutrients and also the easier nature of being able to cope with the transition from meat eater to vegan.

I was just wondering; do Loughborough's catered halls offer many vegan options, if indeed at all? I've noticed you certainly offer vegetarian options, but unfortunately they contain ingredients such as egg, dairy etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi WhatAToole8

I've contacted Campus Living (the company that provides the food service for all of our University halls) and they have responded with the following:

"Vegan students are catered for just the same as other students with dietary requirements. They have a meeting with the head chef in their hall to discuss the menu and their dietary requirements. From that meeting a menu is formulated for them and we only ask they keep the kitchen informed when they will not be in the dining hall for their meal to avoid wastage."

I hope this helps - do let me know if you have any other questions. Alternatively you can contact Campus Living directly on 01509222257, or you can drop them an email on [email protected].

Teresa
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending