The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 3 Option C: The U.S. Boom, Bust and Recovery 2016 EXAM 2016

What is everyone's exam technique for the part A question? For example if they give a statement 'The prosperity of the 1920s was entirely undermined by racial tensions.' How far do you agree with this?

How would everyone structure their response? I find the statement questions a bit trickier than a factor one per se.

Also anyone have any predictions for this year's part A qs? :wink:
Original post by zarzaidi
:wink:

Hi! I added this to the History forum for you - you're more likely to get a response here :h: I also added it to the A Level Exam Thread Directory (which you can find here) use that thread to find discussions on other exams you're taking too :parrot:
Reply 2
What is everyone's exam technique for the part A question? For example if they give a statement 'The prosperity of the 1920s was entirely undermined by racial tensions.' How far do you agree with this?

How would everyone structure their response? I find the statement questions a bit trickier than a factor one per se.

Im really hoping prohibition comes up, its such a common question! What do you think will come up?
@zardaidi @bsbnah

whats your strategy for 3C? whats your strategy for 4C? can we get away by just studying 2 out of 4 topics? which websites or books r u using for the unit 3C and 4C exams? what grade did you get for AS?
Reply 4
Original post by Audrey18
@zardaidi @bsbnah

whats your strategy for 3C? whats your strategy for 4C? can we get away by just studying 2 out of 4 topics? which websites or books r u using for the unit 3C and 4C exams? what grade did you get for AS?

what's 4C? isn't that the controlled assessment? we've submitted ours in anyway

for 3C i'm thinking an argument, counter-argument approach for each of my points if its a factor question. if it's a statement one, not too sure on structure. what are your thoughts?

I'd sum up all of the factors and argue which one I thought was the most significant. But for that particular question you could definitely argue that the prosperity was undermined by racial tensions. You could talk about the KKK and its membership, immigration (Sacco and Vanzetti etc) and the first Red Scare in the first paragraph.Then I guess you could talk about old values being threatened (Scope Trials, WASPS etc), urban v rural, Prohibition (Al Capone etc), women's rights and the effects of WWI on tensions (heightened patriotism etc) and these are all factors that shows how prominent social and racial tensions were in the 1920s.

I reckon this year, for part A it could be the reasons why there was a boom as last year it was the tensions unit but who knows :P :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending