The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Mathematics June 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

I thought I did ok in this paper (I did paper 21), but I also agree that it was easier than last year's past papers and especially 2014's which was really hard!
Though I wonder if the grade boundaries will be higher if it's an easier paper.

Hopefully paper 4 and paper 6 aren't extra hard to make up for it!

Good luck for Thursday's paper 4 exam everyone. That's the one that really matters.
Reply 21
Original post by misslovinggrace
Brilliant:beer: Are you writing any other math papers?

Yeap. Paper 42 on thurs and 62 next thurs

Good luck everyone✌
Anyone have any revision resources or tips for paper 6?
How are you all revising, just past papers?
Original post by iHeartNovels_<3
how the hell are we supposed to prepare for the exam?!?!?! im freaking out right now!!

By doing all the practice papers you can get your hands on.
And once you've done those, do the 3HR and 4HR papers (they're meant to be harder)
Ugh i was aiming for an A and got that in all the really old past papers but then i did the 2015 igcse paper and got 47% and apparently this yrs gonna be even harder :ashamed2:
Reply 25
Hey can somebody help me solve this please? This is question 15 from 21 June 2015
Original post by DK 96
Hey can somebody help me solve this please? This is question 15 from 21 June 2015

I think you just calculate the equations of the lines, and then write them as inequalities to show the unshaded region.

Since the gradients and y-intercepts are obvious just from the diagram, you can write the equation of each line in the form y=mx+c and the one at the top is obviously y=8.

Then once you have all the equations of the lines, you need to change them into inequalities (ie. using 'less than'/'more than' or 'less than or equal to'/'more than or equal to') to show the unshaded region (the ones that are solid lines should be 'or equal to' and the dotted one is not). If it's not immediately obvious which way the inequalities need to go, then you can do a table of values to find it.

Finally, if you want to check your answers, you could do it the manual way by choosing a point on the grid and seeing if it fits all the inequalities, or you could plot them on your graphical calculator (assuming you do international maths 0607) and see if it matches to what you want.
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
By doing all the practice papers you can get your hands on.
And once you've done those, do the 3HR and 4HR papers (they're meant to be harder)

you mean past papers right? and are past papers enough during the revision time?
If you want a clearer, more step-by-step explanation, I can post one.
you mean past papers right? and are past papers enough during the revision time?

I mean past papers..... they're the same thing.
And I guess.... I have no experience - so don't trust me - but everyone in my (set 1) class will revise like that... How else would you revise?

You could get a exam practice book with every topic and exam style questions for absolutely everything! If you can answer every question you're pretty much ready for the exam
Original post by _Xenon_
You could get a exam practice book with every topic and exam style questions for absolutely everything! If you can answer every question you're pretty much ready for the exam

but it's not available in my location.......do you happen to have a pdf version of it?
but it's not available in my location.......do you happen to have a pdf version of it?

Do you live in the UK?
Original post by _Xenon_
Do you live in the UK?

no i don't
no i don't

I bought a CGP IGCSE EDEXCEL MATHS EXAM PRACTICE book for £7 but it is UK only I think unless someone is selling one on eBay not sure
Does anyone know why the CIE IGCSE maths thread was merged into the Edexcel one?
It was two separate threads but I guess a moderator has merged them, I think they should be separate since they're different exam boards with different syllabuses, and exams. Not that it really matters now though since paper 6 for CIE is tomorrow and that's the last paper.
Original post by TheBirder
Does anyone know why the CIE IGCSE maths thread was merged into the Edexcel one?
It was two separate threads but I guess a moderator has merged them, I think they should be separate since they're different exam boards with different syllabuses, and exams. Not that it really matters now though since paper 6 for CIE is tomorrow and that's the last paper.

I was confused about this too. :/
Maybe the moderator got confused thinking it was the same exam? Now what?!
Original post by _Xenon_
I bought a CGP IGCSE EDEXCEL MATHS EXAM PRACTICE book for £7 but it is UK only I think unless someone is selling one on eBay not sure

ugh i hve no access to any revision guides man......i think ill just stick with the past papers *sob*
ugh i hve no access to any revision guides man......i think ill just stick with the past papers *sob*

http://www.savemyexams.co.uk/questions-by-topic2.html

There you go !! :-)

thank you!!!! ^_^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending