The Student Room Group

A level difficulty?

So i am currently studying for my GCSEs, and i have already chosen the subjects i want to do next year but i still have time to change them. I have chosen Maths, Chemistry, and Psychology and i was just wondering how difficult or hard they will be next year! I curently get A's or A*'s in everything, thankyou so much! x
All depends on how hard you work next year and your pace of thinking. A*'s are GCSE are adequate for A-Level, but don't necessarily imply you will find A-Level's easy due to the large jump in content/work.
Reply 2
Original post by Megan.Rose..
So i am currently studying for my GCSEs, and i have already chosen the subjects i want to do next year but i still have time to change them. I have chosen Maths, Chemistry, and Psychology and i was just wondering how difficult or hard they will be next year! I curently get A's or A*'s in everything, thankyou so much! x

Chemistry is tough.
I dropped it at AS
Original post by M14B
Chemistry is tough.
I dropped it at AS

Is it? i may have to reconsider, thankyou though ! x
Maths and Psychology are tough dropping psych at the end of this year probably.
Simple, much easier than GCSES lol.

Spoiler

Is it? i may have to reconsider, thankyou though ! x

All subjects are harder than GCSE. Also all sciences are hard but it depends per person. Some people can just bomb on it but really if you are getting A's and A*'s you should do well if you still work hard.

I'm doing AS right now. I would say if you've picked subjects you enjoy, I don't think you would find LEARNING it difficult, maybe it's just a lot of memorising. I found that it was mainly the change in the style of TESTS and exams that are VERY different. Especially in Biology, the change is quite big in the tests.

Otherwise I don't find AS that difficult, however tests are a whole new situation :biggrin:
I take Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology. Economics is pretty chill, concepts are fairly easy to grasp, tests are fine. Maths is relatively chill, edexcel does c1 and c2 and s1 or M1 (my class did M1 this year because we all did further maths GCSE last year) and I found it a fairly smooth transition. Psychology was not what i expected, there's a lot of case studies but AQA seems manageable, and it's something that I didn't improve on till I was quite some way into the year. Biology has a lot of content and I think the tests are ******** :biggrin:
Original post by stephaniecheung
I'm doing AS right now. I would say if you've picked subjects you enjoy, I don't think you would find LEARNING it difficult, maybe it's just a lot of memorising. I found that it was mainly the change in the style of TESTS and exams that are VERY different. Especially in Biology, the change is quite big in the tests.

Otherwise I don't find AS that difficult, however tests are a whole new situation :biggrin:
I take Economics, Maths, Psychology and Biology. Economics is pretty chill, concepts are fairly easy to grasp, tests are fine. Maths is relatively chill, edexcel does c1 and c2 and s1 or M1 (my class did M1 this year because we all did further maths GCSE last year) and I found it a fairly smooth transition. Psychology was not what i expected, there's a lot of case studies but AQA seems manageable, and it's something that I didn't improve on till I was quite some way into the year. Biology has a lot of content and I think the tests are ******** :biggrin:

Wow, thankyou! thats really helped me put it in perspective, thankyou so much! x
I think Maths is quite easy if you spend a bit of time on it!

Quick Reply

Latest