The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrnazz00923
The rush is due to the thirst and starvation amongst our society for a relationship. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the rush to be in a relationship doe. At the ages between 18 and your early 20's youre still growing within yourself and finding your place. Why would you want to add another person at that point. Baffles me...
Original post by BabyChow
What's the rush to be in a relationship doe. At the ages between 18 and your early 20's youre still growing within yourself and finding your place. Why would you want to add another person at that point. Baffles me...

Urm I guess cos they don't wana commit zina so they wana get married to prevent it...

Posted from TSR Mobile
This thread makes me scared cus how eager people want to get married. I know boyfriends who act like they can control my friends, as least they can break up with them. I dont want to imagine having someone come into my life and think they can boss me around

Btw I'm a strong independent woman 18
If I was gonna be with someone that made me happy and that I genuinely liked being around, I'd get married as soon as possible. It scares me though, cus in a lot of asian families people marry in their early 20s just cus they think their biological clock is ticking. Not really taking the time to think they have promised to share the rest of their lives with this person.
Urm I guess cos they don't wana commit zina so they wana get married to prevent it...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still dont think marriage should be rushed into. Guess I'm not the traditional thinking asian/muslim.
Original post by BabyChow
Still dont think marriage should be rushed into. Guess I'm not the traditional thinking asian/muslim.

You are the traditional thinking asian cos those that want to get married won't be allowed until they complete their education lol
But a lot of mirpuris I know got married after 17/18.. They got married from back home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are the traditional thinking asian cos those that want to get married won't be allowed until they complete their education lol
But a lot of mirpuris I know got married after 17/18.. They got married from back home lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im not pakistani and its not about being allowed or not for me or education. My sister got married at 17 and shes happily married but i just think it isnt practical. The same way education is a personal choice and not a family or cultural choice i think marriage should be the same way.
Reply 268
Hopefully never
Original post by Arima
Hopefully never

Why would you add in the word hopefully when not being married is the default stance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 270
Original post by rEaR vIeW
Why would you add in the word hopefully when not being married is the default stance?

I don't understand. Could you clarify why you're analysing my off-handed reply to the thread question?
Original post by Arima
I don't understand. Could you clarify why you're analysing my off-handed reply to the thread question?

If you don't do anything, then you won't ever get married, you have to actively pursue someone in order to. Saying "hopefully never" implies that you're going to make some sort of effort in order to stay unmarried.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leeds me in meat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 273
If you don't do anything, then you won't ever get married, you have to actively pursue someone in order to. Saying "hopefully never" implies that you're going to make some sort of effort in order to stay unmarried.

Thanks for not picking up the hint and even FURTHER analysing my OFFHANDED statement: "hopefully never".

Will it put you at ease if i went back and edited my statement for a more formal reply, such as "I don't want to get married therefore the question of what age at which I may want to married, is not applicable to me"?

Bit long-winded, don't you think?
Original post by Arima
Thanks for not picking up the hint and even FURTHER analysing my OFFHANDED statement: "hopefully never".

Will it put you at ease if i went back and edited my statement for a more formal reply, such as "I don't want to get married therefore the question of what age at which I may want to married, is not applicable to me"?

Bit long-winded, don't you think?

It would help if you didn't come across so aggressive and angry with the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 275
It would help if you didn't come across so aggressive and angry with the world.

It would also help if you refrained from being a smart ass
I've realised one thing on TSR since I have joined.

Despite the fact that Muslims are a minority in most developed countries (assuming most TSR users are from the UK/USA? (correct me if i am wrong)), nearly all threads made (under trending/latest) are some sort of attack or stereotypical judgements made about the religion or females in general.

Lets get to the fundamental theory of pretty much everything; you cannot base a single assumption/judgement and generalise it to an entire religion. Please, these threads about muslims/ muslim girls (in particular) need to stop.

It hurts my soul.

Rant over.
Reply 277
Original post by HAnwar
Just preference.

I love cooking and taking care of the house (I'm a bit of a clean freak haha).
I work part time on the weekends already, and on Saturdays when I get back from work I'm usually quite tired, and it's difficult for me to help with cooking/cleaning. So I'd like to focus on just one thing.
I guess I have quite traditional views.

Adding onto that it's also preferred for women to stay at home in Islam.

Also why would I want to work? What's fun about getting up early doing your typical 9-5 job?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow your like me. I would not actually work if my future husband can provide for me and if he does not want any further help. Especially if I have children In Shaa Allah, I will focus and give my time to them.
Reply 278
Original post by Anonymous
I've realised one thing on TSR since I have joined.

Despite the fact that Muslims are a minority in most developed countries (assuming most TSR users are from the UK/USA? (correct me if i am wrong)), nearly all threads made (under trending/latest) are some sort of attack or stereotypical judgements made about the religion or females in general.

Lets get to the fundamental theory of pretty much everything; you cannot base a single assumption/judgement and generalise it to an entire religion. Please, these threads about muslims/ muslim girls (in particular) need to stop.

It hurts my soul.

Rant over.

Bless you, are you a Muslim?
Original post by h333
wow your like me. I would not actually work if my future husband can provide for me and if he does not want any further help. Especially if I have children In Shaa Allah, I will focus and give my time to them.

Really? We have so much in common :biggrin: