The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language [Unofficial Mark scheme]

Scroll to see replies

I wrote my name instead of maria to finish it. Would i lose alot of marks ?
Original post by Dballan
But this wasn't an expectation of the hotel? It's something Maria found out after she got there. And it can't have been an a2, because it was all about Mr.Heads 'Behaviour' not what he thought about the hotel?

If you're thinking of it like that then some of the points that were originally posted are incorrect e.g the half bookings etc...I'm sure it wouldn't have been put out there that the hotel was loosing so much money and was in so desperate need for help. Just my opinion. It's all speculation, English is...something else.
Original post by dbrownbeast
i forgot to sign it off? do you think i will get marked down for it? i swear everyone here is so sweaty straight A*s everywhere haha

omg same I'm actually worried about that.
Original post by Tess6574

jus wanna confirm isnt it 60% coursework 40% exam and 20% s+l
Reply 204
Does anyone have the insert
Reply 205
Original post by Tess6574

Does anyone have the insert
Original post by Rhianmaghie
jus wanna confirm isnt it 60% coursework 40% exam and 20% s+l

No 40% coursework 40% exam and 20% speaking and listening.

If it were 60% coursework 40% exam and 20% speaking then that would add to make 120%

Posted from TSR Mobile
are you sure??? LOL because urs saying yh correct and then no and then no :P
thanx for replying to me question :}
I know the exam board take the top 10/20% (or whatever) marks as A*s but does anyone know roughly what the A* boundary should be? Thanks :smile:
Original post by joshua_s
I wrote that she didn't get proper breakfast. I also wrote that the only reason she was treated so well was because the owner didn't want to ruin the reputation of the hotel. Is that ok?
probably low B high C, dempending on the language u used
Original post by complain4English
I think we should COMPLAIN of Cambridge they made the exam soooooooo confusing here is a link to complain ..........I complained join with me to lower the grade boundaries.
Last year my friend she had her maths exam and alot of student complained to the exam board and they lowered the grade boundaries
I BELIEVE WE SHOULD DO THE SAME!!!
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/data_and_correspondence_concerni
just cause u know u failed
Original post by xxKristenxx
I know the exam board take the top 10/20% (or whatever) marks as A*s but does anyone know roughly what the A* boundary should be? Thanks :smile:

It's usually around 80% in the exam.
Original post by conradliebers
It's usually around 80% in the exam.

Thanks
Would an A be around 32 in the paper? 😩😩
Guys my friends keep telling me that the exam is worth 60% and the coursework is only 40%... is that correct ??
.....hope not......
i missed out question 2 for the exam
and got a high B for s/l and coursework
WHT DO U THINK IM GOING TO GET !!!!!!!!!! My teacher told me that the examiners will decide as they produce the grade boundaries after they look and compare the papers.
So if most people get bad grades they make the grade boundaries lower :smile:) but i dont know......depends others might be really good at the exam!!!
Reply 215
Has anyone else not done coursework? I didnt even know you could. No one in my school has
Hi I'm worried on my question 1 bullet point 3 the passage stated 'they all liked water sports' so I said about a trip. I also said they got kicked out due to him peer pressuring Al. The third one I made totally up 😁
Original post by Hsevras

Depends on you're coursework to get a c I need 16 marks, b=25, a= 34
Original post by igggy
Has anyone else not done coursework? I didnt even know you could. No one in my school has

You must do coursework!!!!! Its work 60% of the total grade, however your teachers may have some form of alternative that I am unaware about.... I am not sure if your school is not familiar with the exam board, but its all behind us now so lets not worry...
Original post by Hsevras

it depends last year an a was 31 points. I think this was quite difficult so it should be about the same?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending