The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 6548412
Shared bathroom or ensuite at endcliffe/ranmoor??? Lmao don't wanna run out of ££ if I go ensuite

I'm saving money by choosing shared bathroom (plus a bigger bedroom! Yay!) and personally, I'd have to think about the hygiene as well, so you can opt for same sex or something.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 41
Original post by ABGorilla
I'm saving money by choosing shared bathroom (plus a bigger bedroom! Yay!) and personally, I'd have to think about the hygiene as well, so you can opt for same sex or something.

Do you know the max number of people sharing a bathroom is?
Original post by 6548412
Do you know the max number of people sharing a bathroom is?

I have no idea as I've only looked at City (where you have two separate showers & 2 other rooms for the toilet and basin for a floor of 6 or so people) It looks like in Endcliffe they have a whole bathroom for the floor, so idk, you'll have to email Sheffield accommodation about it.
Reply 43
Hey Guys I'm considering a room in the allen court of the city campus ... does anyone know what its like and if there is much to do like in Endcliffe and Ranmoor?
Reply 44
Original post by ABGorilla
I have no idea as I've only looked at City (where you have two separate showers & 2 other rooms for the toilet and basin for a floor of 6 or so people) It looks like in Endcliffe they have a whole bathroom for the floor, so idk, you'll have to email Sheffield accommodation about it.

Thanks anyway!! And potentially see you in September 😜
Original post by 6548412
Thanks anyway!! And potentially see you in September 😜

Same to you :biggrin:
Original post by Mashini
Hey Guys I'm considering a room in the allen court of the city campus ... does anyone know what its like and if there is much to do like in Endcliffe and Ranmoor?

Hey There,

I'm currently living in Allen Court at the moment so hopefully I can spread some light.
First off, what course are you planning on studying? The reason I chose to live here is that i'm doing Engineering so all my lectures are at the top of the street, literally 2 minutes away! Perfect if you like a bit of a lie in. Endcliffe and Ranmoor are a 30 minute walk away from the Engineering Department, but slightly closer to others. Living in Allen Court also means you are extremely close to the center of town; all the shops, restaurants etc. It's basically 5 minutes away and super convenient; there's a Tesco Express 2 mins away, Metro 5 mins away and a large Tesco between 5-10 mins away.
The accomodation itself is really nice. All rooms are ensuite, with on average 4-6 people sharing a flat. 6 is the max. If you're in mixed sex it tends to be 3 male, 3 female. Kitchen is a good size with lots of chairs and a large table. Much more generous than Endcliffe and Ranmoor where there can be up to 12 people in one flat.
Now, there isn't as much of a bustling party atmosphere. Endlciffe especially, is always alive at night, people are always having flat parties. I mean, this still happens at Allen Court, just not to the same extent. This is mainly due to the size of the accommodation site being much smaller. This does have its perks though, quieter at night!
Allen Court has all the facilities you'd need and a great maintenance team, there's also a gym underneath! Although this is an extra fee. The internet is also amazingly fast. Not at Endcliffe and Ranmoor though, they use the University wide Eduroam system that is always plagued with downtime and slow speeds. Allen Court has a separate provider.
There is also a common room with table tennis and pool table for your use and on Mondays a film is also normally shown in there.
Sorry if this is a lot of information, let me know if there's anything else you'd like to know and i'd be more than happy to help :smile:
Get to Stevo hall lol
Reply 48
Hi everyone!

I'm a student from India and I've accepted a place on the MA Architecture programme starting in September, 2016.

While I've already sent in my application for accommodation (Allen Court), I'm now a little confused after seeing the posts regarding Endcliffe and Ranmoor. I'd applied for the City accommodation for its location considering the long hours architecture students generally spend in the studio. However, now I've seen a lot messages on these threads claiming that City accommodation is not as sociable as the Village accommodation and was filled with mostly international students (I'd really love a good mix of people!).

What would you guys suggest I do?

Thanks in advance,
Pritika.
Hi!
My boyfriend and I are both coming to Sheffield in September for our MSc but we are unsure about which would be the best option for us, we want a one bed flat and according to the web page options are: Endcliffe Crescent, Endcliffe Avenue, Oakholme Road, Bishops House and Shore Court - one bedroom

We are a mature couple (27) and we want to stay at a quiet place, away from undergraduates and party atmosphere so question here is what would you recommend?

BTW we are both going to the ACSE Department (located in Mapping street if I am not wrong) so from our options which one is the nearest?
I'm 22 and I'm also wondering which accommodation to choose. I was leaning towards to the laddow studio, but it's so expensive 😂
Guys, i am just applying for accommodation and can't decide whether to prioritize location or room type!! i want to be in endcliffe and am scared i'd be put in city (the one i least want) if i prioritized room type!! what has everyone else done? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by tildawatts
Guys, i am just applying for accommodation and can't decide whether to prioritize location or room type!! i want to be in endcliffe and am scared i'd be put in city (the one i least want) if i prioritized room type!! what has everyone else done? :smile:

I put room type just because if there aren't enough ensuites id be happy to live in ranmoor (I've put down endcliffe) but same I don't want city ahah
Reply 53
hi, i cant decide between applying for an ensuite or deluxe room at endcliffe, are the flats of all deluxe rooms or all ensuite rooms or are there mixed room flats? Also does anyone know where to find better pictures of deluxe rooms in endcliffe? The university website ones arent great. Thanks :smile:
Reply 54
i ll be starting Msc from sept. Just wanted to know as I live in Manchester and plan to commute daily. How practical is it for reproductive/developmental medicine students on daily basis?(like lab work takes longer time or can be managed easily). Any help so that I can plan to arrange for accom for tiresome days.
thanks.
Hi! I've firmed Sheffield uni for Modern Languages BA only yesterday and have tried to log in on their website to apply for accommodation. Unfortunately, it's telling me that my application is 'not at the correct status'. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is it because the system takes a while to register my acceptance of the course?
Original post by Sonusha88
Hi! I've firmed Sheffield uni for Modern Languages BA only yesterday and have tried to log in on their website to apply for accommodation. Unfortunately, it's telling me that my application is 'not at the correct status'. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Is it because the system takes a while to register my acceptance of the course?

Same, after nearly two months of leaving my offers alone in track I finally decided to set my firm and insurance today. It says somewhere that it could take up to 48 hours for the application to be updated so I guess by now it'll have gone through?
Reply 57
Hi there! I am currently trying to decide where to apply for accommodation and what caught my eye was St. George's Church. Can anyone give me more information about it? Are all the rooms en-suite? What does it really feel like living in a church? Thanks in advance!
Reply 58
Original post by hristaM
Hi there! I am currently trying to decide where to apply for accommodation and what caught my eye was St. George's Church. Can anyone give me more information about it? Are all the rooms en-suite? What does it really feel like living in a church? Thanks in advance!

I think it's a toss up between the novelty of living in a church and because it's so central you're away from all the action in Endcliffe and Ranmoor.
Original post by jackien1
Same, after nearly two months of leaving my offers alone in track I finally decided to set my firm and insurance today. It says somewhere that it could take up to 48 hours for the application to be updated so I guess by now it'll have gone through?

Yes, thankfully it did! A little over 48 hours, but it was Monday bank holiday. Was finally able to apply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending