The Student Room Group

I'm a Muslim guy and I had a relationship with an Atheist girl. AMA.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hydeman
Oh, put a sock in it, would you.

either its a sarcastic, semi-sarcastic or a joke :K:
:talkhand:
OP.

How did you meet ? What did you like about her ? How long untill you got her number ? At the time did you think of marriage with her ?
Original post by Anonymous
Parents aware :curious:

Lol nope. But if I told them I was interested in the girl they would take it lightly. They're understanding like that.
Original post by fatima1998
either its a sarcastic, semi-sarcastic or a joke :K:
:talkhand:

I'm being completely serious. There's little need to start with the 'astaghfirullah, so haram' crap. In other circumstances, you'd be calling whoever acted like that out for being too judgemental.
Because why should my religion bother her? She was atheist and I didn't bring up Islam with her much. When she did bring up Islam, she brought it up in a positive light.

Hmm, maybe she's not as strict as me. I couldn't be with anyone religious, even just mildly religious. That's incompatibility in my opinion
Original post by Hydeman
I'm being completely serious. There's little need to start with the 'astaghfirullah, so haram' crap. In other circumstances, you'd be calling whoever acted like that out for being too judgemental.

and you are expecting people to be serious on this chat :unsure: read other comments and you'll realise soon :cute:
Original post by redleader1
OP.

How did you meet ? What did you like about her ? How long untill you got her number ? At the time did you think of marriage with her ?

Thank you some decent questions.

We met in the summer at a mutual friend's party. I was first struck by her eyes.... I know it sound cliched but yep. I got her number... a day after I spoke to her. Regarding marriage, I didn't want to rush ahead but I did think she was perfect. I didn't know she was atheist at first but she is white.. so I thought she might just be Christian but after our first date I found out she was atheist which was a complete bummer but I didn't mind. I did think that I would introduce true Islam to her and in the best scenario maybe it would've worked out :smile:
Original post by Hydeman

I took the comment lightly tbh but on a general note, I agree with what you're saying. If you're trying to help someone you do it in a good way... otherwise you just drive people away. thanks :smile:
Would your ideal woman be a Muslim or would you be happy dating women 'of the Book', I think the phrase is? (a Jew or a Christian) What do you think your parents would say, if you told them?
Reply 49
don't you think its haram.... Astaghfirullah bro :noway:

It's ok, he repented.

You should have sex with atheists too. You just have to repent after.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Mashallah brother, convert those evil atheists slowly but surely.

Every time you say Mashallah I die :rofl:
Original post by Eternalflames
Hmm, maybe she's not as strict as me. I couldn't be with anyone religious, even just mildly religious. That's incompatibility in my opinion

You're an atheist? :eek:

I took the comment lightly tbh but on a general note, I agree with what you're saying. If you're trying to help someone you do it in a good way... otherwise you just drive people away. thanks :smile:

No problemo. :smile:

So, is the religious difference the reason why you're no longer with her, if it's not too personal to ask?
Original post by Josb
It's ok, he repented.

You should have sex with atheists too. You just have to repent after.

yeah..... its true :top: repent from you heart :h:
Original post by Hydeman

You should stalk my profile once ex-husband, it shows clearly :rofl:
Thank you some decent questions.

We met in the summer at a mutual friend's party. I was first struck by her eyes.... I know it sound cliched but yep. I got her number... a day after I spoke to her. Regarding marriage, I didn't want to rush ahead but I did think she was perfect. I didn't know she was atheist at first but she is white.. so I thought she might just be Christian but after our first date I found out she was atheist which was a complete bummer but I didn't mind. I did think that I would introduce true Islam to her and in the best scenario maybe it would've worked out :smile:

Dont worry I like asking questions :smile:. How long since you met did you start dating ? Im Pakistani so generally if someone was to go out with a girl who isnt muslim they would either consider if she was eligible for marriage, do you understand ? If your asian I assume you understand where Im coming from ?

How long did the relationship last ?
Original post by horsewithnoname
Would your ideal woman be a Muslim or would you be happy dating women 'of the Book', I think the phrase is? (a Jew or a Christian) What do you think your parents would say, if you told them?

Good question. Tbh, I'm strange like that, I know most muslim guys would probably want a Muslim girl believing they'd be more compatible but frankly if I connect with a girl who is Jewish or Christian... I'd be more than happy to marry them. My parents... are quite religious to say the least and that did pass on to me and I'm still quite a religious guy but its difficult to resist temptations. If I did tell my parents, they would be understanding...at first maybe they'd be pretty shocked because I've always been a smart innocent guy but they'd support me I reckon.
Reply 56
yeah..... its true :top:

Do you mean that you'll have sex with some atheists?
Original post by Josb
Do you mean that you'll have sex with some atheists?

i am ASEXUAL :u:
Original post by Hydeman

No problemo. :smile:

So, is the religious difference the reason why you're no longer with her, if it's not too personal to ask?

Nope its not too personal. I hope it wasn't a religious difference... we spoke about religion briefly and she was cool with me being muslim and vice versa. It definitely wasn't from my side at any rate. It was the distance and unfortunately we didn't see enough of each other :/
Original post by Eternalflames
You should stalk my profile once ex-husband, it shows clearly :rofl:

So it seems. :eek: I suppose it's my fault for assuming that a South Asian whose religious views I'm not aware of is highly probable to be a theist of some kind. :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending