The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

Yh my b2 starts at 8:50 finishes at 9:50 we get 10 min break and then we start the b3 paper
You're so lucky! I wish we could have done it this way instead as now we have to do all 3 units and I'm cramming all of my revision!
Reply 162
Original post by Nimraaai
You're so lucky! I wish we could have done it this way instead as now we have to do all 3 units and I'm cramming all of my revision!

That would have been so much easier! Although I feel more confident on the 1s now than I did in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
has everyone finished learning content in unit 3? we've done them in a weird order and it all feels so rushed. i do feel like i understand it but this is worrying me, especially as it is on the same day as unit 2
Original post by jazz_xox_
has everyone finished learning content in unit 3? we've done them in a weird order and it all feels so rushed. i do feel like i understand it but this is worrying me, especially as it is on the same day as unit 2

I have finished, anything you're struggling with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably am struggling with physics most, i do seem to understand most things but we've rushed through hydraulics a lot and moments :frown:
Probably am struggling with physics most, i do seem to understand most things but we've rushed through hydraulics a lot and moments :frown:

Do u have like AQA text books, if not I could facetime you or something and possible be of some help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I do have them, I'll have a read through them whilst finishes off my notes and I'll let you know how I go, thank you :smile:

Don't worry I'm with you, b3 we quickly zoomed through (but teacher awful) p3 we finished too but no one understood, and c3 still need to do esthers and carboxylic acids
Original post by sunny181113
Don't worry I'm with you, b3 we quickly zoomed through (but teacher awful) p3 we finished too but no one understood, and c3 still need to do esthers and carboxylic acids

Yes similar to me!! luckily b3 isn't too difficult in my opinion so hopefully we can still do well from home revision. We did esters and carboxylic acids last week, and it is a little confusing but it's mostly just facts you need to learn . good luck :smile:
UPDATE
AQA HAVE RELEASED THE 2015 PAPERS. CHECK THEM OUT FOR SOME EXTRA REVISION

All the best and happy revising.
Homeland x
Reply 171
Does anyone have any guesses for the 6 markers on any of the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mygcserevision
does anyone know where to get mygcsescience videos from? My current source got taken down and they help me a lot. or any good alternatives? Ive found someone who does 1 minute science videos,, they are good for explaining but I don't know how good for the exam since there only a minute long. any good alternatives?

my physics teacher makes videos for every topic and they are so helpful. There are also links to past papers and flashcards,
the website is - freesciencelessons.co.uk
and his twitter which posts useful tips is - @UKscienceguy :smile:
Original post by Mlb37
Does anyone have any guesses for the 6 markers on any of the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well one user pointed out there could be a question on Drugs, drug trials etc for B1...I'm not too sure though
I have a weird feeling electrolysis and its uses will come up as the 6 marker for c2
Drugs B1
Original post by soccerdude007
I have a weird feeling electrolysis and its uses will come up as the 6 marker for c2

Not too bad actually :smile:

Original post by nisha.sri
Drugs B1

You seem quite sure :biggrin:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Not too bad actually :smile:

You seem quite sure :biggrin:

Haha i'm just predicting what do you think ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Haha i'm just predicting what do you think ?

It seems plausible
Is anyone else not getting a break at all between units 2 and 3?
For us, we do B2 (eg.) and whilst they collect those papers in, the B3 ones are being dealt out :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending