The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Just received some results on my current degree which guarantee my place on the physiotherapy course at Leicester, so hit me up if you're going to study at Leicester campus (cov uni)!
Reply 2561
Original post by msiapt
Anyone here firmed Notts? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have :biggrin:
Has anyone firmed Southampton or Plymouth?:smile:
I have firmed Sheffield Hallam and put UWE as my insurance. Anyone firmed Sheffield Hallam?
Reply 2564
Original post by Doodledoo9
yes I am but I had my interview last week. They will be replying to a load of people tomorrow from our interviews so maybe if you don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, give them a call.

Thank you... i got an email from them today saying I am on the waiting list. How did you do? have you heard back from them?
Reply 2565
Original post by Em_27

So have I!! What accommodation you thinking?:smile:
Hello. Can I call on someone's experience to help me fill in my Maintenance Loan application form for this Physio course please? Filling in forms is not my speciality and the helpline is closed! Is our NHS bursary "income assessed" or "non-income assessed"? I thought it was part income-assessed and part non-income assessed. Would this make it income-assessed since I'm only allowed to tick one box?
Reply 2567
Original post by Hcant

I'm really not sure! When I went to the open day I spoke to two students, one in catered, one in not catered and both said they had advantages/disadvantages so I've emailed the physio department to try and find out where most physio students decide to live but haven't had a reply yet. Have you decided on catered/not catered?
Original post by alexio97
Has anyone firmed Southampton or Plymouth?:smile:

Got an offer through today for Plymouth through Extra, effectively unconditional as I've already got my grades so I'll be going there in September!
Original post by Zaclowton
Got an offer through today for Plymouth through Extra, effectively unconditional as I've already got my grades so I'll be going there in September!

Congrats !!!! I remember your post a while back about not receiving offers! Bet you're so happy Plymouth is a great uni (and night out) :wink:
Original post by Em_27

Future classmate!
What's your condition btw if I may ask? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hcant

Future classmate too!
Where have you applied for accomodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2572
Original post by msiapt
Future classmate!
What's your condition btw if I may ask? 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need AA so maybe not future classmate 😂😂 I'm resitting biology and maths alevels this year. How about you?
Original post by Em_27
I need AA so maybe not future classmate 😂😂 I'm resitting biology and maths alevels this year. How about you?

I'm sure you can get that!!
I'm a mature student so I need 30 credits distinction and the rest of 15 passed 😅
Did you pic an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moonandstars
Congrats !!!! I remember your post a while back about not receiving offers! Bet you're so happy Plymouth is a great uni (and night out) :wink:

Thank you! Yeah I really am happy It was looking uncertain for a while! Massive relief
Reply 2575
Original post by Em_27
I'm really not sure! When I went to the open day I spoke to two students, one in catered, one in not catered and both said they had advantages/disadvantages so I've emailed the physio department to try and find out where most physio students decide to live but haven't had a reply yet. Have you decided on catered/not catered?

Thinking more self catered at Raleigh Park because I think it gives more flexibility and with the long physio hours I wasn't sure if I would make meal times!!
Original post by Nish12
Thank you... i got an email from them today saying I am on the waiting list. How did you do? have you heard back from them?

Well done on that. I did hear back but unfortunately was unsuccessful. Applied for another uni through extra though. Best of luck
Reply 2577
Original post by moonandstars
This is my dilemma - I've received offers from Cardiff and Oxford Brookes, currently sat trying to make a pros and cons list hahaha. For me Cardiff would be a very convenient place to study not much would have to change (it's my second degree) and the course is great, I know the city well and know I like it.

Oxford would be a massive change for me a big re-location, probably really exciting a new place (also scary). And again the course is great and I like that the cohort is so small.

I really can't decide between them I don't know what to do! (Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining I feel so grateful to be in this position having a choice, I just want to make the right choice!)

Hi
Did you make your choice yet? Cardiff is a great Uni but you should be excited about going, so maybe Oxford could be right one for you.
Original post by Toile
Hi
Did you make your choice yet? Cardiff is a great Uni but you should be excited about going, so maybe Oxford could be right one for you.

Hey! :smile: no I still haven't decided - but I found out today that because I'm not financially independent and because of my dads financial situation and his age I'm not entitled to much of a bursary at all, so I think that's swayed me towards Cardiff due to living costs etc and I'd have the option of living at home if I was struggling as I live about 50 mins from Cardiff. (This is my second degree so can't get a loan) to be honest whatever the circumstance though just so excited to think I will eventually be a Physio! :biggrin: so I'm happy to go to either x
Reply 2579
Original post by msiapt
I'm sure you can get that!!
I'm a mature student so I need 30 credits distinction and the rest of 15 passed 😅
Did you pic an insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put Cardiff as my insurance although they're asking for AA too 😂 Have you picked one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending