The Student Room Group

Stressed out with A-levels? Any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ICB
Ooh I'm on WJEC for french too! Was it your AS oral or A2? sorry for butting in!

A2 and no worries :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by fldem
A2 and no worries :smile:

I've got my A2 on Friday and I'm so nervous! What was the subject of you presentation and how was the topical conversation afterwards? That's if you don't mind me asking
Reply 22
Original post by Bmoo13
I've got my A2 on Friday and I'm so nervous! What was the subject of you presentation and how was the topical conversation afterwards? That's if you don't mind me asking

Of course I don't :h:

I did my presentation on the film Les Choristes and I chose to examine the sugar coating of darker themes within it (like paedophilia and child abuse). The conversation was mostly about the film, she didn't really ask me much about my presentation though, it was more about random elements of the film so I'm not sure she'd actually seen it haha. Don't be nervous, it's just like a great chance to use your French! I know it's nerve-wracking because it's oral but just try your best, the examiners are always really sweet and understanding.

Bonne Chance! You'll be great.
Reply 23
Original post by fldem

I did my presentation on the film Les Choristes and I chose to examine the sugar coating of darker themes within it (like paedophilia and child abuse). The conversation was mostly about the film, she didn't really ask me much about my presentation though, it was more about random elements of the film so I'm not sure she'd actually seen it haha. Don't be nervous, it's just like a great chance to use your French! I know it's nerve-wracking because it's oral but just try your best, the examiners are always really sweet and understanding.

Ooh I'm also doing mine on Les Choristes but on the theme of Mathieu and Pépinot's relationship! Thanks hopefully it'll go okay! What were the cards like? Really hoping for a pollution or racism one, there so much to talk about on those subjects :-)
Original post by fldem

Hey, sorry for intruding but I do French as well (although I am with Edexcel instead) and I noticed that you have studied Les Choristes. Basically with Edexcel we have to write an essay on a film/book we have studied and we have also done Les Choristes but we have a really bad teacher so I was wondering whether you had any notes on the film because at the moment I'm really struggling with it and it is making me want to cry :frown:
Reply 25
Original post by senpaipoppy
Hey, sorry for intruding but I do French as well (although I am with Edexcel instead) and I noticed that you have studied Les Choristes. Basically with Edexcel we have to write an essay on a film/book we have studied and we have also done Les Choristes but we have a really bad teacher so I was wondering whether you had any notes on the film because at the moment I'm really struggling with it and it is making me want to cry :frown:

I also study Les Choristes and my teachers use resources like this https://www.tynesidecinema.co.uk/documents/_view/5294b5ec7cbb88d01d00124f http://resources.hwb.wales.gov.uk/VTC/2009-10/media-studies/irf09-71/Les_Choristes/index.html and
http://www.filmeducation.org/pdf/film/LesChoristes.pdf and I've found these really helpful! Hope you do too!
Reply 26
Original post by Bmoo13
Ooh I'm also doing mine on Les Choristes but on the theme of Mathieu and Pépinot's relationship! Thanks hopefully it'll go okay! What were the cards like? Really hoping for a pollution or racism one, there so much to talk about on those subjects :-)

I love Pépinot he's so cute! I'm pretty sure we got only one card and I think mine was on immigration, but there was also one about technology I think. It was such a long time ago now I can't even remember, haha.
Reply 27
Original post by senpaipoppy

Really sorry to hear that! I don't really have any notes as such, but we focused on certain areas of the film like whether or not Rachin is really evil (you can look at things he does like playing football and giving that kid some food), the role of women in the film and whether or not they sugar coat darker elements of the film with music and stuff.

I would just advise you to watch it over and over and practise writing the essays. Hope it gets better.

Quick Reply

Latest