The Student Room Group

Is it sexist to call a woman "cupcake"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ComputerMaths97
1) No, but some women will have you believe most words/ actions are sexist so you're only going to get a mix of responses.

2) Why on earth does it matter if others think it's sexist? It's clearly not, a cupcake does not give birth nor have feminine attributes so I don't see how it can be considered sexist. You're not saying "all women are cupcakes because x,y,z" that might be sexist.

The amount of times I meet a new girl and randomly in the conversation after I say something sarcastic like "I'm not very manly" or "that's a bit girly" and they suddenly change tone and respond with "gosh that's sexist".... Just want to slap them and leave. Can't be coping with people like that lmao.

To conclude, pretty much nothing is sexist, unless you're literally saying "ALL *insert gender* are *insert description* because *insert stereotypical belief about said gender*" and yet still there's no harm done there. Saying something "sexist" doesn't matter, all that matters is if you act on these "sexist" things.

Like for your example, if you literally treated her like a cupcake.

I think a cupcake is rather feminine :colondollar:
Original post by Mojo Banjo
Could this considered sexist or just sweet?

I love to patronise stupid women by calling them cupcake. It works even better on stupid men though
Reply 42
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

I think a cupcake is rather feminine :colondollar:

These folds indeed remind me something feminine - and tasty.
Original post by Josb
These folds indeed remind me something feminine - and tasty.

:colonhash:
Reply 44
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
:colonhash:

It's past midnight, I have immunity.

Quick Reply

Latest