The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sahra30013
You're right! Time is flying quickly! Well done today, you've done well! Keep up the good work!:smile:

Thank you x

Original post by sahra30013
Update 04/05/2016
Okay, I'm staring to panic again! Exams are coming so close and I feel as if I don't know anything! Well, today I did:

Use of maths data handling past paper: A*
French vocab
RE- places of worship
Revised how to write reports
Key vocab -Heath and Social care

Well done on the A* !! Keep up the hard work !!
Original post by brainzistheword
What's happened and is there anything I can do to help?

Well done - and yes, exams are looming :smile:

Well done! I'm sure you know loads :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Feeling positive again which is good :smile: still scary that I leave school next week but tbh I'm so ready to leave and get these exams out of the way!

Today I haven't done much, but:
-Recapped RS unit 1.1 (as this is my first exam)
-Recapped my PE notes so far (topics 1-5) as we're doing something with them in class tomorrow
-Recapped p2 as we're revising it in class tomorrow and I want to be sure on what I don't really get

Mostly recapping now as I'm about 90% sure I know all of the content now (for my exams before half term that is) but I can easily revise the rest before the time comes

Bit off topic but are any of you guys doing pranks on leavers day? Our year is putting glitter all over our HOY's office so that for months maybe even years after they'll keep finding some and be reminded of us :tongue: but I don't think it's enough haha

Well done Niamh - and you're lucky to get study leave :smile:

As for pranks, well, the last year set off fire alarms but I'm not sure what is going to happen this year :smile: The glitter sounds fun, although I kinda agree it isn't enough :biggrin:
UPDATE FOR 5/5/16

Didn't do much, and made the most of the weather instead :frown:

ICT Q cards

German listening

Geography case studies, supervolcanoes and types of aid

UPDATE FOR 5/5/16

ICT Q cards

German listening

Well done ! At least you did something :smile: The weather is so nice but i get hay fever which is a shame :frown: What did you do outside ?
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done ! At least you did something :smile: The weather is so nice but i get hay fever which is a shame :frown: What did you do outside ?

Thank you - I have hay fever too but I just went for a walk and tried to clear my mind :smile:
Thank you - I have hay fever too but I just went for a walk and tried to clear my mind :smile:

No worries :smile: Oh wow is yours really bad ? Mine's not really bad - i don't take anything for it although i hate it :redface: Aw that's nice - it's good to relax :biggrin:
No worries :smile: Oh wow is yours really bad ? Mine's not really bad - i don't take anything for it although i hate it :redface: Aw that's nice - it's good to relax :biggrin:

Tbh it is and it triggers my eczema, but hey, can't complain :smile:
Tbh it is and it triggers my eczema, but hey, can't complain :smile:

Aw bless you :frown: Hope you get better :biggrin: Haha
Aw bless you :frown: Hope you get better :biggrin: Haha

Haha thank you :biggrin:
Well done Niamh - and you're lucky to get study leave :smile:

As for pranks, well, the last year set off fire alarms but I'm not sure what is going to happen this year :smile: The glitter sounds fun, although I kinda agree it isn't enough :biggrin:

Yeah, a surprising amount of people who applied for it didn't get it which is a shame, but I'm a lucky one :smile:

Last year's prank was very clever, their HOY's name is mr hayball so what they did was filled his office with hay and basketballs - I bet it was a nightmare to clean! The year before that set off stink bombs and the fire alarm, it's was horrible for all of us!
UPDATE FOR 5/5/16

ICT Q cards

German listening

I love how you think this isn't much :redface:

The weather is beautiful and you should make the most of it! Don't feel bad about taking a little bit of a break, it'll probably do you good anyway :smile:
Making the most of the weather today, doing an IT past paper outside :smile: finished all my other subjects content-wise now so it's revision all round, I'm feeling much better about it all though :smile: I also found out that I got into summer school at the imperial college which I'm looking forward to
Original post by Littleone2000
Making the most of the weather today, doing an IT past paper outside :smile: finished all my other subjects content-wise now so it's revision all round, I'm feeling much better about it all though :smile: I also found out that I got into summer school at the imperial college which I'm looking forward to

Nice one. I'm going to the LSE one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Nice one. I'm going to the LSE one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds good, how long is it for?

More generally, I just completed an IT past paper and got a D, but as I've completely given up with IT and as the teachers refuse to teach me any of the content and the exam is in two weeks.. I'd say that's satisfactory, as if I got a D in the real exam that averages at an A😂. Now I'm not usually one to settle for an A, but it's honestly not worth learning the content required to get the extra 24 marks (out of 60) I would need to get an A*.

It's great to relax and well done :biggrin: Wow!! That's great where do you want to go for uni ? :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
UPDATE 05/05/16:
Got my maths mock back and I got an A - which isn't too bad but I was aiming for an A* but then again paper 1 was ridiculously difficult, tbh i'm a little proud that I got an A Time is ticking - 11 days left. It's quite amusing to see that some people have just realised that there is only 11 days left

1. 18 Q&A B1
2. 30 Q&A Poetry
3. B1 past paper + gathered all 6 markers q's
4. C1 past paper - finished
5. P1 - Electricity
6. 43 Q&A made for C1
Today:
- made p2 posters
-went through c6 section and data analysis on the june 2015 past paper
-key themes posters for english play DNA

Well done eveyone keep up the good work:h:
Original post by ellamoon_22
Today:
- made p2 posters
-went through c6 section and data analysis on the june 2015 past paper
-key themes posters for english play DNA

Well done eveyone keep up the good work:h:

Well done! You did well and keep up the good work! :biggrin:

UPDATE 05/05/16:
Got my maths mock back and I got an A - which isn't too bad but I was aiming for an A* but then again paper 1 was ridiculously difficult, tbh i'm a little proud that I got an A Time is ticking - 11 days left. It's quite amusing to see that some people have just realised that there is only 11 days left

1. 18 Q&A B1
2. 30 Q&A Poetry
3. B1 past paper + gathered all 6 markers q's
4. C1 past paper - finished
5. P1 - Electricity
6. 43 Q&A made for C1

Wow! You've done a lot! You should be proud of yourself and I'm sure you will do better in paper 2! Keep up the good work! :smile:

Well done on the A* !! Keep up the hard work !!
Thank you!

What's happened and is there anything I can do to help?

Well done - and yes, exams are looming :smile:

Well done! I'm sure you know loads :smile:

Thank you!

The weather is wonderful was wonderful today, wasn't it? That's good that your are revising now! Well done about the summer school placement!! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Update:05/05/2016
I think I'm ready for my exams now! Well the first week anyway. :redface:
Reading paper English language- past paper
French past paper- needs to be marked
French vocab
Read the use of maths specification again
History- reviewed pain and infection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending