The Student Room Group

What uni sounds better for film?

You are picking a university because it 'sounds better'?

I think you need to do some more research yourself and find the university that is right for you... :dontknow:
At first glance I'd say Roehampton looks better but you'd be wise to look at some independent sources before choosing.
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
You are picking a university because it 'sounds better'?

I think you need to do some more research yourself and find the university that is right for you... :dontknow:

Yeah lol
Reply 4
Original post by TimGB
At first glance I'd say Roehampton looks better but you'd be wise to look at some independent sources before choosing.

Thank you :smile:

The portsmouth course is accredited by Creative Skillset ( http://creativeskillset.org/creative_courses ) that means more practical experience and professional skills and better links with industry. If you're interested in a career in practical film then that's the better option. The Roehampton course looks more theoretical so if you're interested in hedging your bets for a more generic graduate job then that might be a better fit for you.

Other than that it depends whether you want to go to a small university in London or a large university in a different city.

Have you called the universities concerned to make sure they're considering extra applications still - UCAS course search can be out of date and it's getting quite late now to get your application in and approved in time to get accommodation.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
The portsmouth course is accredited by Creative Skillset ( http://creativeskillset.org/creative_courses ) that means more practical experience and professional skills and better links with industry. If you're interested in a career in practical film then that's the better option. The Roehampton course looks more theoretical so if you're interested in hedging your bets for a more generic graduate job then that might be a better fit for you.

Other than that it depends whether you want to go to a small university in London or a large university in a different city.

Have you called the universities concerned to make sure they're considering extra applications still - UCAS course search can be out of date and it's getting quite late now to get your application in and approved in time to get accommodation.

Hey, thank you so much :smile: I think Portsmouth might be better for me.
Yes I have emailed them and they said they still have extra space for UCAS extra :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest