The Student Room Group

Bear's Safe Cave

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
*listen to the special Studying Music whilst you are enjoying your Beer Spa :h:*

[video="youtube;P9n6SAXnQdg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9n6SAXnQdg[/video]

don't drop your laptop !!!
Nothing beats classical music to relax to.
Reply 342
*morning campers*

today we are going to try the ancient therapy of Hopi Ear Candles.

this ancient healing technique has received the backing of among many others, Canadian Family Physician:

""Ear candling appears to be popular and is heavily advertised with claims that could seem scientific to lay people. However, its claimed mechanism of action has not been verified, no positive clinical effect has been reliably recorded, and it is associated with considerable risk. No evidence suggests that ear candling is an effective treatment for any condition. On this basis, we believe it can do more harm than good and we recommend that GPs discourage its use."

Across the border American Family Physician were equally enthusiastic:

""Ear candling also should be avoided. Ear candling is a practice in which a hollow candle is inserted into the external auditory canal and lit, with the patient lying on the opposite ear. In theory, the combination of heat and suction is supposed to remove earwax. However, in one trial, ear candles neither created suction nor removed wax and actually led to occlusion with candle wax in persons who previously had clean ear canals. Primary care physicians may see complications from ear candling including candle wax occlusion, local burns, and tympanic membrane perforation."

Now magazine of Canada contacted the Hopi Tribal Council in Kykotsmovi. Their Public Relations Officer, Vanessa Charles said that the practice of ear candling "is not and has never been a practice conducted by the Hopi tribe or the Hopi people."

In order to avoid expensive and wasteful litigation harming the visitors, bear™ shall perform this therapy with unlit candles.

*Gavin will distribute candles now. Please take one for each ear.*
This is interesting...
Reply 344
Is cultural appropriation allowed in Mr Bear's safe space?
Reply 345
Original post by Josb
Is cultural appropriation allowed in Mr Bear's safe space?

Hopi springs eternal :teehee:
Reply 346
Original post by the bear
Hopi springs eternal :teehee:

So I can wear a sombrero and eat sushis?
Reply 347
Original post by Josb
So I can wear a sombrero and eat sushis?

we encourage the sharing of cultural motifs in a respectful way to promote the harmony of mankind in the Cave

Reply 348
of course there are equal opportunities for the ladies :h:

I finished my english exam !!!!!!!!
Reply 350
Original post by scnotcrazy
I finished my english exam !!!!!!!!

:five:

:party:
:five:

:party:

:hugs::hugs:
Reply 352

Spoiler

**important announcement**

tsrcrossword:

tsrxword.jpg

no correct entries yet... so answers are below :sad:

tsrcrossword answers:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
@the bear your full again lol canny answer you xx
Reply 354
Original post by scnotcrazy
@the bear your full again lol canny answer you xx

plenty of room now :colondollar:

:wavey:

Spoiler

tsrcrossword:

tsrxword.jpg

tsrcrossword answers:

Spoiler

Bit put out that Bear couldn't come up with a cryptic for "fullofsurprises". :cyber:

Spoiler

tsrcrossword:

tsrxword.jpg

tsrcrossword answers:

Spoiler

Lool bjorn :lol: could never have got any of them answers tbh :lol:
btw i must say you have such elegant handwriting :work: :hat2: proper gentlemanly handwriting :ahee:
ttyl bear, some cavys may or may not have to do the 1964 election revision :emo:
:bear:
Reply 357
Original post by CoolCavy
Lool bjorn :lol: could never have got any of them answers tbh :lol:
btw i must say you have such elegant handwriting :work: :hat2: proper gentlemanly handwriting :ahee:
ttyl bear, some cavys may or may not have to do the 1964 election revision :emo:
:bear:

paaaaarty study on Marsvin !!

:hugs:
Reply 358
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Bit put out that Bear couldn't come up with a cryptic for "fullofsurprises". :cyber:

Fur soup... ill serfs ?
@the bear I have had a bad day :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest