The Student Room Group

Advice please.

Hi all.

I've been in a relationship for 6 months with my boyfriend we both work (he full time during the week) and i also work full time during the week.

I've booked a week off to go and see him the only problem is he isn't out yet and i'm spending some of my wage money on a Hotel...to visit him as he isn't out to his parents this is not the first time i have done this.

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated as he isn't out and i am and i can't visit him at home or even meet his parents.

I don't know how to approach the subject.

Thanks.

(I have no problem spending money to visit him but he told me 3 times before...he was going to come out and he just hasn't).
Original post by stoltguyboo
Hi all.

I've been in a relationship for 6 months with my boyfriend we both work (he full time during the week) and i also work full time during the week.

I've booked a week off to go and see him the only problem is he isn't out yet and i'm spending some of my wage money on a Hotel...to visit him as he isn't out to his parents this is not the first time i have done this.

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated as he isn't out and i am and i can't visit him at home or even meet his parents.

Thanks.

(I have no problem spending money to visit him but he told me 3 times before...he was going to come out and he just hasn't).

Are you M or F?
Original post by ODES_PDES
Are you M or F?

Male.
Male.

Maybe his parents are not aware of his sexuality or simply he knows that his parents might not yet be ready for such a meeting (older generations often are that way judging by my parents)
Original post by ODES_PDES
Maybe his parents are not aware of his sexuality or simply he knows that his parents might not yet be ready for such a meeting (older generations often are that way judging by my parents)

Thank you for the response.
Tell him how you feel and see if you can help him come out to his parents? If he has any siblings or relatives that know of this maybe they'd be able to help him come out to his family??
Reply 6
Hi all.

Thanks.

live while your young, stay real - chris brown
Hi all.

Thanks.

Certainly don't give up on him if you two are happy when you're together. Why don't you focus on travelling at weekends instead of for a whole week so he can gurantee he'll be around to see you?
Also it might be worth a conversation to encourage him to come out. You need to be considerate of his feelings, but he also needs to be considerate of yours, and you need to make it clear that his lack of openness with his family is taking a toll on you, too. You also need to make it clear that even if his family don't support him, you will.
Original post by carrotstar
Certainly don't give up on him if you two are happy when you're together. Why don't you focus on travelling at weekends instead of for a whole week so he can gurantee he'll be around to see you?
Also it might be worth a conversation to encourage him to come out. You need to be considerate of his feelings, but he also needs to be considerate of yours, and you need to make it clear that his lack of openness with his family is taking a toll on you, too. You also need to make it clear that even if his family don't support him, you will.

Thank you.

We are indeed very happy and he often speaks about when i go to his house after he has told his parents so i think he'll do it just when is the question but i'm most happy.

Thank you for your response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending