The Student Room Group

is it true that teachers can still withdraw you from AS exams now ?

isnt it too late to do that ?
Original post by Synonym

Yes it is.
Reply 2
Original post by emiloujess
Yes it is.

my subject teacher said it is still possible to withdraw students thanks for the answer but who do I believe ? "sigh"
Original post by Synonym
my subject teacher said it is still possible to withdraw students thanks for the answer but who do I believe ? "sigh"

Well my teacher said you couldn't... why do you want to withdraw? Surely it's pointless after having been at college all year?
Reply 4
Well my teacher said you couldn't... why do you want to withdraw? Surely it's pointless after having been at college all year?

I dont want to be withdrawn from anything lol, my teacher said he might withdraw people if they stop attending class (people on their own study leave)
Reply 5
It is FAR TOO LATE to be withdrawn from AS exams. The names and details of all those taking the exams are sent to the exam boards early in the year. They can threaten all they like but turn up to the exam regardless of what they say.
Original post by Synonym
I dont want to be withdrawn from anything lol, my teacher said he might withdraw people if they stop attending class (people on their own study leave)

No he can't but still attend class. That's the mistake I made and got EEUU.
Reply 7
No he can't but still attend class. That's the mistake I made and got EEUU.

its just that i learn more at home instead of school its absolutely pathetic that my school did not even give a study leave...so im just gonna take my own..
Original post by Synonym
its just that i learn more at home instead of school its absolutely pathetic that my school did not even give a study leave...so im just gonna take my own..

HAHAHA that's exactly what I thought.
Reply 9
HAHAHA that's exactly what I thought.

i guess we all have different preferences and some things work better for some than others ?
I think they can still withdraw you, yes. You can also still get a late entry so...
They can withdraw you, yes. Usually they will only do it if there's a good enough reason as as far as I'm aware you can get charged for it. I was withdrawn from some of my exams this time last year so it definitely happens.
They would only withdraw you if you're stupid and they think you're gonna fail and lower their averages
Reply 13
Some students from my school were made drop their subjects last week so I guess it is still possible...
Original post by anonwinner
They would only withdraw you if you're stupid and they think you're gonna fail and lower their averages

^This.

It's highly unlucky you'll get withdrawn/kicked out now, but if your school/college believes that you're going to do so bad that you'll ruin their statistics then they will not hesitate to prevent you sitting the exam if their stats or reputation really means that much to them.

Why do you think many private schools have a 100% pass rate?
Original post by Synonym

It is possible to withdraw candidates right up to the day of the exam. It doesn't cost the school to do it but it is too late to get a refund of the original entry cost.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest