The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Procaffinator
Agree. But Section A was tricky :s-smilie:

yeah, i found it quite hard too! fingers crossed though :smile:
How do people generally feel about biology SL paper 1 and 2? A lot of people in my school (including me) thought it was WAY too easy and grade boundaries will be sky rocketing this year - is that just my school or generally a feeling of everyone?
Original post by martaganger
ugh not precisely, I remember 1 because it's the one I answered. Paraphrased it was something like "Some plays imitate reality and try to make the action as realistic as possible, others do not. Discuss how playwrights remind the audience that they are watching a play." So you could talk about props, lights, sound effects, presence of a narrator and such.

SO GLAD to read this!! This is exactly what I wrote about haha. We also did A Streetcar Named Desire hehe :smile:
Original post by sarahjennyp
How do people generally feel about biology SL paper 1 and 2? A lot of people in my school (including me) thought it was WAY too easy and grade boundaries will be sky rocketing this year - is that just my school or generally a feeling of everyone?

hahah really!!?? many people i have spoken to at school and abroad found it super hard! i hope that grades boundaries will be low ://
Original post by sophieec
hahah really!!?? many people i have spoken to at school and abroad found it super hard! i hope that grades boundaries will be low ://

OH! okay well thats good to hear I guess - at least like if the grade boundaries will be normal that would be good. The Section B questions of Paper 2 and the multiple choice were really nice though I thought :smile:
OH! okay well thats good to hear I guess - at least like if the grade boundaries will be normal that would be good. The Section B questions of Paper 2 and the multiple choice were really nice though I thought :smile:

maybe it's because biology is my weakest subject but overall i found it pretty challenging!! that's good if u found it easy though, u probably scored really high:smile:
maybe it's because biology is my weakest subject but overall i found it pretty challenging!! that's good if u found it easy though, u probably scored really high:smile:

I don't know haha I was aiming for a 6 tbh but yeah we'll see :smile: but if people found it hard generally and since it's a new syllabus they might actually lower the grade boundaries this year so that'll work for you!! :smile:
I don't know haha I was aiming for a 6 tbh but yeah we'll see :smile: but if people found it hard generally and since it's a new syllabus they might actually lower the grade boundaries this year so that'll work for you!! :smile:

hopefully!! i'm aiming for a 5 :smile: hopefully the IA will help with that
Anyone have any predictions for History paper one tomorrow?
Original post by FecktheIB

hahah wish i knew :frown:((
Original post by anamariamikhail
lol real life examples? i just try evaluating the fudge out of them, especially with macro and deflation - gotta in all that export competitiveness, types of unemployment associated with it, long run short run... hope i got a 6 hahaha i am never good at remembering the real life scenarios that our teachers tells us

haha that sounds good! for micro, I felt like there wasn't enough to write, I definitely didn't feel as though I had written content worth 15 marks especially since the question specified only the impact on consumers and the government >< haha I only did so because our teachers made a point of reinforcing it again and again :') but your analysis + evaluation sounds good, I'm sure you did well!
Any physicists here? Thoughts on tomorrows papers?

My history teacher said that he thought it would be on Manchuria... and then another history teacher in our school said it would probably be on the mandate system, so I have no idea
Original post by eternallyapril
My history teacher said that he thought it would be on Manchuria... and then another history teacher in our school said it would probably be on the mandate system, so I have no idea

haha i've studied communism in crisis - Russia and China. There's so much to learn and it's so annoying how it only turns out to be on one!! wish we knew :smile:
haha i've studied communism in crisis - Russia and China. There's so much to learn and it's so annoying how it only turns out to be on one!! wish we knew :smile:

I know! :eek:

Are you ready for paper 2 and paper 3 if you do HL?

I can't wait for math to be over...

I heard mandates or Washington since neither of them have come up
I heard mandates or Washington since neither of them have come up

How in-depth do you think we have to know the mandate system?
How in-depth do you think we have to know the mandate system?

Class A B C
Woodrow's fifth point
Wasn't successful
Effects
The specifics to an extent such as countries involvednot much more but being able to contextualise it in the overall peacemaking phase is important

My history teachers says Mandates, I feel like it would be too obvious though.
Is anyone doing the Arab Israeli Conflict for History paper 1 tomorrow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending