The Student Room Group

Why do girls care about anniversaries a lot more than guys do?

Women remember and care about anniversaries a lot more than guys. Not just dates but places, people and things that are associated with the history of their relationship...
Do you have any statistics for this "fact"?

(And even if they do, why's it such a bad thing to cherish and care about the good times of a relationship? Why not put a little extra effort in?)
Original post by saladays

(And even if they do, why's it such a bad thing to cherish and care about the good times of a relationship? Why not put a little extra effort in?)

alot of women seem to blow up their social media with their anniversary presents and how their partner is the best in the world (for the time being at least) to seek attention, i would say thats a red flag
Because it means something to us?
Original post by Straighthate
alot of women seem to blow up their social media with their anniversary presents and how their partner is the best in the world (for the time being at least) to seek attention

Lmao, thanks for the stats, hun.
Lmao, thanks for the stats, hun.

are you the type of person who also needs a parachute to be double blind tested?
because they're naturally more emotional and sentimental
Opposite in my family so you're chatting ****.

My dad always got really offended when my mum forgot their anniversary and would always buy a card and stuff for her. He was a dick the rest of the time but still...
Reply 8
I don't think this should be a gendered issue. Some people are sentimental and affectionate and they show that through celebrating significant moments of a relationship where others may not. Valentines Day, an anniversary of sort, is marketed to both men and women. When married, both men and women have pressure to buy gifts or whatever and so on..
Reply 9

Why did you put "fact" in quotes as if he said it
Original post by difeo
Why did you put "fact" in quotes as if he said it

I don't mean he said "fact", I mean he said it like it was a fact. He is saying that women literally do care more. He's making a statement that he believes to be true.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Little Popcorns
Opposite in my family so you're chatting ****.

My dad always got really offended when my mum forgot their anniversary and would always buy a card and stuff for her. He was a dick the rest of the time but still...

It's pretty obvious that he's not saying it's the case in every single couple
idc about anniversaries.Its just a day,like any other.

Spoiler

Original post by Erebor
Women remember and care about anniversaries a lot more than guys. Not just dates but places, people and things that are associated with the history of their relationship...

Are you a supreme gentleman?
It is a fact that females are more emotional.
idk

I've never met a male that said he likes valentines day either.
Reply 16
Ngl I can't even remember the dates of my exams, like I'm going to remember actual dates and places and **** :rofl:

Well, maybe when the right one comes along :redface:
Women are more sentimental.
Reply 18
Original post by NewcastleFresher
Are you a supreme gentleman?

I order my custom made fedoras from the finest tailors in Zurich.
GENERALISATIONS INCOMING!!! NO offence meant to anyone:biggrin:

But anyways it goes a little something like this

1) generally girls are more attached to emotional aspects of life, and guys are more attached to physical aspects /material of life
2) anniversaries hold an important significance emotionally
3) girls will feel a stronger attachment to them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending