The Student Room Group

I feel useless at times

Well as some of you know, im being bullied at college.
Now its really getting me down because of the things they do and say to me.
Its alo that everyone seems better at everything than me. Ive not achieved anything i consider amazing!!
Ive never had a best friend (let alone a girlfriend) and im feeling like ill never get one.
What it my purpose in life: To get in the way of everyone. Thats all i seem to do.
Ugh why do i feel like this!
Its making me feel useless!

Scroll to see replies

Getting a girl friend will not sort your uselessness out if I'm honest. And sorry to hear that you're getting bullied.

College is ending soon and you will never have to see those horrible people again :biggrin:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Its alo that everyone seems better at everything than me. Ive not achieved anything i consider amazing!!
Ive never had a best friend (let alone a girlfriend) and im feeling like ill never get one.
What it my purpose in life: To get in the way of everyone. Thats all i seem to do.

You are in no way useless! You literally have your whole life ahead of you to do amazing things and I'm certain you will! :biggrin: the bullies will leave and their behaviour is nothing to do with you, loads of people haven't been in a relationship by that age and you shouldn't rush it anyway and as for having friends, you've got loads on tsr and you'll make plenty once you're away from college, I promise you, you're in no way useless!!

Are you good at sports/academics? Or any hobby that your talented at?
Original post by samina_ay
Getting a girl friend will not sort your uselessness out if I'm honest. And sorry to hear that you're getting bullied.

College is ending soon and you will never have to see those horrible people again :biggrin:

I know but it will help me to feel wanted in the world!

8 more weeks of hell amd hopefully ill never see them again!
Original post by Blondie987
You are in no way useless! You literally have your whole life ahead of you to do amazing things and I'm certain you will! :biggrin: the bullies will leave and their behaviour is nothing to do with you, loads of people haven't been in a relationship by that age and you shouldn't rush it anyway and as for having friends, you've got loads on tsr and you'll make plenty once you're away from college, I promise you, you're in no way useless!!

Well thanks but it doesnt feel that way atm!
Ive got no talents (except for driving people away from me!)
I sure hope so!! Well its all targeted at me. Personal insults, mockery, touching etc... Ugh i hate it!
True its just that i feel ready for one and would really like one. Im gonna wait for the right person though. I also get made fun of it too. They even take pictures of them doing it with their girlfriends and show me. They then comment, something youll never get to do hahahahaha. But i just want a strong relationship with an amazing girl!!
True and everyone of them is amazing!!
It would just be nice to hang around with people at times tbh.

Thankyou. I appreciate it!!
I cant rep you though!
I know but it will help me to feel wanted in the world!

8 more weeks of hell amd hopefully ill never see them again!

It won't be hell, try to do something that will get your through the day. Start watching a TV show, watch some films, take up a hobby.
Remember this is just one part of your life and it is such a fleeting moment, focus on strengthening yourself and building up foundations for a happy and secure future! Don't let this get to you and affect the rest of your life!
:biggrin:
Well thanks but it doesnt feel that way atm!
Ive got no talents (except for driving people away from me!)
I sure hope so!! Well its all targeted at me. Personal insults, mockery, touching etc... Ugh i hate it!
True its just that i feel ready for one and would really like one. Im gonna wait for the right person though. I also get made fun of it too. They even take pictures of them doing it with their girlfriends and show me. They then comment, something youll never get to do hahahahaha. But i just want a strong relationship with an amazing girl!!
True and everyone of them is amazing!!
It would just be nice to hang around with people at times tbh.

Thankyou. I appreciate it!!
I cant rep you though!

I'm sure you have tons of talent, you're being way too harsh on yourself, you're smart, funny and creative! Don't put yourself down, as for the bullies, like I said before please, please tell someone but regardless they clearly have some pretty big problems, be thankful you're not like them, and I'm sure if they can get girlfriends somehow you definitely will!!
I'm sure you have tons of talent, you're being way too harsh on yourself, you're smart, funny and creative! Don't put yourself down, as for the bullies, like I said before please, please tell someone but regardless they clearly have some pretty big problems, be thankful you're not like them, and I'm sure if they can get girlfriends somehow you definitely will!!

Thanks! Well if i do i havent found it yet!
I dont think i am!
Thanks!! But how am i creative?
I cant tell anyone. It will just make it worse! Theyll find out and beat me up!! Im not wanting that to happen tbh.
Theyre a bit messed up in the head based on what they talk about!
I am thankful. It woule be awful to be like them tbh! Eww id hate that!
They use them. They dont like them, they just use them.
But thanks again!
I really appreciate this! My spirits are being lifted! See now youre what id call smart, funny and creative!
Original post by champ_mc99
Are you good at sports/academics? Or any hobby that your talented at?

Maths and science are generally my strong points. I dont partake in any sports currently. Cant do the ones i like where i live (lack of facilities).
Thanks! Well if i do i havent found it yet!
I dont think i am!
Thanks!! But how am i creative?
I cant tell anyone. It will just make it worse! Theyll find out and beat me up!! Im not wanting that to happen tbh.
Theyre a bit messed up in the head based on what they talk about!
I am thankful. It woule be awful to be like them tbh! Eww id hate that!
They use them. They dont like them, they just use them.
But thanks again!
I really appreciate this! My spirits are being lifted! See now youre what id call smart, funny and creative!

all the cool threads you come up with show your creativity! :biggrin: please tell someone though, your parents, your teacher, I know you're scared but it's not right that they treat you like this and they shouldn't get away with it
(edited 7 years ago)
Maths and science are generally my strong points. I dont partake in any sports currently. Cant do the ones i like where i live (lack of facilities).

So you're not useless then? :smile:
Stay away from them as far as possible.
Do well in your exams and you wont have to see them again.
Go and speak to your GP to check you havent got depression and maybe you can get some counseling for low self esteem.
Lots of people are bullied and come out the other side stringer people, so the problem is theirs and not you.
You can get a gf later on, but you have to start believing in and supporting yourself first.

Priority is exams at the moment. You dont have time to be bullied or react to it.
all the cool threads you come up with show your creativity! :biggrin: please tell someone though, your parents, your teacher, I know you're scared but it's not right that they arrest you like this and they shouldn't get away with it

Telling someone is the best and only course of action. Plus, that way you have someone by your side. :redface:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
It won't be hell, try to do something that will get your through the day. Start watching a TV show, watch some films, take up a hobby.
Remember this is just one part of your life and it is such a fleeting moment, focus on strengthening yourself and building up foundations for a happy and secure future! Don't let this get to you and affect the rest of your life!
:biggrin:

Well its not gonna be good anyway.
Ill do that! Ive started playing on my xbox more now tbh. Ive been buying and playing older games. But ive got some motorsport to watch too! :biggrin:
True. Ill try to focus on that and become a beter person!!
Its hard (as you can see) but ill do my best and see how things go!
S

Sorry to hear you are getting bullied. Stay away from them.

Bullies have mental issues, they are people with low self worth, who don't have a life or anything better to do, they live sad lives. As you move forward, these bullies will be dead to you.

What are your ambitions? You doing A-levels, you at uni?

What are your interests? Sport, travelling, biking, martial arts, hiking?

To make friends, you could join a club, society (which can be a reading club, sports club or anything.

As for the girlfriend, how old are you? If you are young, then you'll get one along the way, sort out your confidence, go to the gym, wear good clothes, groom well, have ambitions, hobbies, things to talk about, go to speed dating events, join on-line dating, join clubs, evening courses and you could meet someone their.

Good luck!

Just like me all the time at physics... useless ...
Well its not gonna be good anyway.
Ill do that! Ive started playing on my xbox more now tbh. Ive been buying and playing older games. But ive got some motorsport to watch too! :biggrin:
True. Ill try to focus on that and become a beter person!!
Its hard (as you can see) but ill do my best and see how things go!

You've got this. :awesome:
all the cool threads you come up with show your creativity! :biggrin: please tell someone though, your parents, your teacher, I know you're scared but it's not right that they treat you like this and they shouldn't get away with it

Oh ok, thanks :biggrin:
But i dont want to get beaten up!! And they will do it (trust me)!!
I might speak to the overall manager (ill probabll get referred to him anyway) and see what he has to say on the matter.
But thankyou! You are helping as always!!
Appreciated!
Oh ok, thanks :biggrin:
But i dont want to get beaten up!! And they will do it (trust me)!!
I might speak to the overall manager (ill probabll get referred to him anyway) and see what he has to say on the matter.
But thankyou! You are helping as always!!
Appreciated!

Please do so! And no problem at all! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending