The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE Biology (May/June) Official Thread

Hey Everyone!

I made this thread for my fellow CIE students who are writing their exams in May/June. I hope we can all discuss our exam techniques and share resources together!

If anyone has any resources they can send me a message or post them below and I will add then to this section!

Past papers WITH MARK SCHEMES: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzumkDfi9230M2JLUXZQZ0cyemM&usp=drive_web

I also made VERY detailed flashcards on Quizlet: https://quizlet.com/lovinggracem/folders/igcse-biology

GOOD LUCK!
(Us CIE students have got to stick together! :wink: )

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I moved this thread to the Biology Exam forum - you're more likely to get some responses there :bl:
Thanks for this, struggling to revise for Alternative to Practical, any tips?
Reply 3
line-e learn all the food tests, tests for water and carbon dioxide. Know how the examiners want you to draw diagrams, practice drawing graphs and I'm also doing some things about enzymes, plant biology and animal kingdoms as they seem to come up in past papers a lot.
Reply 4
I found it horrible. Everyone was saying how easy it was and I just went blank....life wtf was that drawing question?! and what did people for the control experiment

How did everyone find it
Original post by DJShaji
I found it horrible. Everyone was saying how easy it was and I just went blank....life wtf was that drawing question?! and what did people for the control experiment

How did everyone find it

In my school, some people were saying boil potato and others to not use alcohols
Reply 6
Original post by 123Master321
In my school, some people were saying boil potato and others to not use alcohols

eugh I wrote use water instead of alcohol to show that catalase does infact work with hydrogen peroxide :frown:
Original post by DJShaji
eugh I wrote use water instead of alcohol to show that catalase does infact work with hydrogen peroxide :frown:

Thats right!
Reply 8
What about the table of results? How did you guys put the number of bubbles and the mean number of bubbles in the same table? And wtf was that diagram that we had to draw?
Original post by examhater44
Thats right!

Yea water is correct
Reply 10
Original post by Kai Sun
What about the table of results? How did you guys put the number of bubbles and the mean number of bubbles in the same table? And wtf was that diagram that we had to draw?

What did you do?

table.png

This is what I did....I kinda went blank with drawing a fricking table
Reply 11
Yeah, I reckon you are right.
This is what I did -_-
http://prnt.sc/b0cjt0
Guys, Im freaking outI drew my whole table (including the writing in the table) in pencil............That's ok righttt??? Because it says that diagrams can be drawn in pencil
Original post by Kai Sun
Yeah, I reckon you are right.
This is what I did -_-
http://prnt.sc/b0cjt0

I did that exactly except I put the mean only once.......dw they will accept it
Guys, Im freaking outI drew my whole table (including the writing in the table) in pencil............That's ok righttt??? Because it says that diagrams can be drawn in pencil.
Pls someone respond
Reply 15
Guys, Im freaking outI drew my whole table (including the writing in the table) in pencil............That's ok righttt??? Because it says that diagrams can be drawn in pencil.
Pls someone respond

They surely can't deduct marks for using pencil. If they ask for diagrams in HB pencil, then it means that when they scan your paper, they can read the pencil markings, if you get what I mean? As long as it shows up on their computer screens, it should be fine.
Original post by Kai Sun
They surely can't deduct marks for using pencil. If they ask for diagrams in HB pencil, then it means that when they scan your paper, they can read the pencil markings, if you get what I mean? As long as it shows up on their computer screens, it should be fine.

oh ok, thanks
Guys,
what did u put for the question that said why the delivery tube is put in water?
and
what did u guys get for ur magnification?
Reply 18
Guys,
what did u put for the question that said why the delivery tube is put in water?
and
what did u guys get for ur magnification?

For placing the delivery tube first, I thought it would allow the person to start recording the number of bubbles immediately after putting the potato in, not 100% sure myself tbh.

For the magnification, it depended on how much bigger you drew your own diagram. I got about x1.9 I think.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kai Sun
For placing the delivery tube first, I thought it would allow the person to start recording the number of bubbles immediately after putting the potato in, not 100% sure myself tbh.

For the magnification, it depended on how much bigger you drew your own diagram. I got about x1.9 I think.

How many marks was the delivery tube one?
I think it was 1 mark but just clarify if I'm wrong

I got magnification to be 1.59, that's a valid answer right?

Quick Reply

Latest