The Student Room Group

Will you be voting in today's local elections?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimmonaPortella
I don't see how my voting based on a quick perusal of one website could really bring anything of value to the whole affair :dontknow:

I know what you mean. The whole PCC thing is a bit farcical really. It's very hard to summon up any will to be involved to the point of voting in it and I'm someone who takes voting very seriously. I don't just want to vote along party lines for it, I want to know what they PCC really does and what the candidates bring to it.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Governments ignore us and our interests (under 30s) because we don't vote in large numbers.

Not long until you're in the privileged older demographics shafting the rest of us, so don't get too uppity about youth turnout. :wink:
Original post by Hydeman
Not long until you're in the privileged older demographics shafting the rest of us, so don't get too uppity about youth turnout. :wink:

Heh! I'm not thaat old! :angry:

On a different subject, Jeremy has been to the polls.

Just voted. Turned 18 on the 30th April so this was my first ever vote!
I voted just before my driving lesson at 1pm. I used both my votes on SNP.
Reply 45
Original post by Spock's Socks
I voted just before my driving lesson at 1pm. I used both my votes on SNP.

As an English voter, I'm incredibly jealous of you scots being able to vote SNP
Original post by Deyesy

Move to Scotland if you are so jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by paul514
Move to Scotland if you are so jealous

Posted from TSR Mobile

When my university is in Manchester. Great suggestion :yy:
Original post by Deyesy

I don't quite get the sentiment of people who not only think, as many Scots do, that the traditional parties are corrupt and take them for granted, and that the SNP should therefore receive their votes for being the party they least dislike, but actually wish that they could have an SNP-type party in government where they live, too. :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
I did its my first vote :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Hydeman
I don't quite get the sentiment of people who not only think, as many Scots do, that the traditional parties are corrupt and take them for granted, and that the SNP should therefore receive their votes for being the party they least dislike, but actually wish that they could have an SNP-type party in government where they live, too. :tongue:

It's more they actually stand up for the people they're representing and stand up for the working class; whereas in my humble opinion, that can't be said for any of the traditional parties
They're a waste of time.
Original post by Deyesy
It's more they actually stand up for the people they're representing and stand up for the working class; whereas in my humble opinion, that can't be said for any of the traditional parties

I agree with the latter, but I don't think the SNP are any different. They seem more than willing to ignore the electorate when it conflicts with their main ideological goal of secession.
Original post by Deyesy

Perhaps, perhaps not.

I can tell you this the snp are finally starting to be taken to task for their policies and not just their rhetoric as has been the case so far.

Andrew marr made one of them look a right div over their education record over the last 9 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy

Just vote Labour then, they are in the pockets of the SNP and would enact SNP polices in the UK. According to David Cameron.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Is there any point in voting for a minority candidate first?

Nope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending