The Student Room Group

Vicar's daughter. AMA

Scroll to see replies

Do you think you might consider becoming a vicar?

If not, what sort of things are you interested in doing?
Original post by horsewithnoname
strange question....

Spoiler

strange answer :h:
OP do you think its made it easier or harder to get a bf?
Original post by isitisisitis
Do you think you might consider becoming a vicar?

If not, what sort of things are you interested in doing?

No. I've seen how stressful it is and I really don't like public speaking, which is a major part of the job. I want to be a vet. Failing that, I want to train assistance dogs

Original post by 999tigger
OP do you think its made it easier or harder to get a bf?

I don't go around irl saying 'hey i'm a vicar's daughter'. I think that if people knew, it would probably make it harder.

Thought people might be interested?

I mentioned it because people often do Information X, AMA when they want the questions to be related to X.
Reply 65

Would you use lethal force if you could prevent some one from murder, shoplifting, rape, domestic abuse?

WHats your view on the Refugee crisis?

Do you think immgrants should integrate into the country theyre in?

do you like winnie the pooh?

What makes an ideal boyfriend?

how tall are you?

if you could change anything about yourself what would it be?

Are soldiers sinful due them being in the military?

Heads or Tails
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
As the title suggests. I'll try to answer everything but if there's anything that I find offensive, I won't answer.

EDIT: I don't want to reveal too many personal details, so if you ask something like that, I'll either not answer it or PM you.

Are you charismatic or what I call 'mainstream' Anglican.

Are you a Christian and if so when did you make that decision?:smile:
Reply 67

How did you come up with your username?

Do you speak Russian?

Whats your view on Assad, Free Syrian Army and ISIS. Who do you want to win, and you you think will win?

Favourite fruit?

Do you like bananas?

Do you believe that christains are persecuted in the UK?

if the CoE was dispanded what denomination would you choose?

Do you believe in the infallibility of the bible?
(edited 7 years ago)
Have you ever properly thought about the Euthyphro dilemma? (are things good because God wills them or does God will them because they are good already?)

Do you mean do I agree with it? I think marriage should be between a man and a woman but a same-sex partnership can be as strong, if not stronger, than a heterosexual partnership

Do you think same sex couples should have children?

I know you say you don't believe in same sex marriage, but if a same sex couple are stronger than a hetro couple and can offer more love to the child, should it be allowed? :smile:

Is your father as liberal as you about same sex partnership? Do you find Christians are becoming more liberal in this respect?
Original post by Racoon
Are you charismatic or what I call 'mainstream' Anglican.

Are you a Christian and if so when did you make that decision?:smile:

I haven't really thought about it. Probably a 'mainstream' Anglican but very low-church. Yes, I am a Christian. I was baptised as a baby and chose to be confirmed when I was 14. I'd went to things like New Wine and I made the decision for myself.

Original post by Retired_Messiah
Have you ever properly thought about the Euthyphro dilemma? (are things good because God wills them or does God will them because they are good already?)

I've never really thought about it. Things are good because God wills them, I think. God is the source of all goodness, so it makes more sense that things are good because He wills them
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Do you think same sex couples should have children?

I know you say you don't believe in same sex marriage, but if a same sex couple are stronger than a hetro couple and can offer more love to the child, should it be allowed? :smile:

Is your father as liberal as you about same sex partnership? Do you find Christians are becoming more liberal in this respect?

I think that same sex couples should be able to have children, if they want to, whether it be through adoption or AI. It's harder for a same-sex couple to have children than for a man and a woman and I think this shows how dedicated they are. My dad is quite liberal in many ways but he still thinks that marriage should be between a man and a woman. He respects same-sex couples and might bless a same-sex couple's marriage/civil partnership if they came to him and asked for it. Some Christians are becoming more liberal in regards to gay rights. There are still Christians that are very conservative, so I can't speak for every Christian
@horsewithnoname Have you ever attended an Orthodox christian service? i.e. greek or russian orthodox

Do you have icons at home? As in religious icons?
I think that same sex couples should be able to have children, if they want to, whether it be through adoption or AI. It's harder for a same-sex couple to have children than for a man and a woman and I think this shows how dedicated they are. My dad is quite liberal in many ways but he still thinks that marriage should be between a man and a woman. He respects same-sex couples and might bless a same-sex couple's marriage/civil partnership if they came to him and asked for it. Some Christians are becoming more liberal in regards to gay rights. There are still Christians that are very conservative, so I can't speak for every Christian

That's really interesting, thank you :smile: My mum isn't even that strong a Christian, yet doesn't believe in same sex marriage or children :redface: I, on the other hand, generally believe that it is best to have children in a secure marriage (even if it's to protect the children, legally), so find not being able to have same sex marriage yet being able to have children sort of illogical, idk :tongue:

I'll ask a slightly less deep question :lol: What are you studying/work as? What is your favourite TV show? :smile: (sorry if these have been asked).
I've never really thought about it. Things are good because God wills them, I think. God is the source of all goodness, so it makes more sense that things are good because He wills them

Would that not leave morality effectively arbitrary, as God could theoretically mess about and change it whenever he wants?

And would it not also potentially leave one with no particular reasons to follow God's will? As rather than being a good individual in of itself by our standards he merely obeys his own commands and practices what he preaches, leaving the average bloke with no real reason to imitate his action?

I hope you don't take this as an attack or anything, it's not supposed to be one. It's just I don't get to explore the Christian view on these sorts of things very often and I'm a rather sad individual I guess :smile:

On a totally unrelated note, how do you respond to people that claim that most religious people nowadays are that way because they've been indoctrinated by their family?
Original post by Wee.Guy

I am a pacifist and I think that violence should only be used as an absolute last resort. Yes, the examples you mentioned are quite extreme and therefore need an extreme response, but not to cause harm intentionally.
We need to do more to help those who are seeking asylum. If the UK were to have a civil war or was war torn, I think we'd want other countries to come to our aid. Just welcoming them here isn't the end though, we need to integrate them into our society.
Yes, I like Winnie the Pooh.
This very much sounds like you're trying to chat me up. I'd prefer not to answer.
5"5'
Maybe be a bit lighter- lose a bit of fat around my tummy.
Everyone has sinned, not just those in the military. We are all mere humans and sinning is part of our nature.
Tails
Original post by homeland.lsw
@horsewithnoname Have you ever attended an Orthodox christian service? i.e. greek or russian orthodox

Do you have icons at home? As in religious icons?

No, but they seem interesting. Maybe in the future? We don't have any icons either.
No, but they seem interesting. Maybe in the future? We don't have any icons either.

They are really beautiful imo...not to be rude but when I went to a protestant service, I felt quite bored...:getmecoat: but the Orthodox service I went to was so cool and yeah...

Spoiler

are you a naughty vicar's daughter or just a normal one?
do you have any geeky hobbies / what sports u enjoy watching?

Quick Reply

Latest