The Student Room Group

Insomnia/cant sleep/chat forum

Scroll to see replies

Original post by summer998*
I

I am replying with some hopefully helpful advice for all those night owls!
- Don't use electrical devices before bed (Turn of an hour before you plan to sleep)
- Set an alarm for the morning
- Avoid caffeine and sugar
- Have green tea, milk or a tea before bed (Careful with the sugar in the tea)
- Dont have your main meal too late
- Try relaxation breathing such as closing your eyes and breathing in 4 and out 8
- Ensure you feel clean so you're not focussing on something you have to do in the morning (A warm shower before bed can really help)
- Try this medication called kahlms for night time (Most drug stores sell it)
- Don't try and sleep on a negative thought or an argument, before bed think of at least one positive thing before you sleep and something you are privileged for
- Make sure your sheets are always clean and you have a made bed to get into
- DO NOT SLEEP WITH SOCKS ITS STRESSFUL

Happy sleeping and goodluck <3
hey summer welcome to the club ! Yeah I've tried most of these methods and nothing seems too work :/
But since I'm starting work on Monday I'm just gonna exercise before I go bed and not drink any caffeinated drinks before 6pm. Thank you for the advice !
Btw where about a do you guys live ? I'm just curious cos I live in west London and the weather is amazing 😍
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
Btw where about a do you guys live ? I'm just curious cos I live in west London and the weather is amazing 😍

The weather is beaut!!! It's 20 degrees! I prefer the cold though :colondollar: I'm a winter person!

On a side note: this thread will be getting to 2000posts soon and I suggest you buy us all something to celebrate :wink:
At the moment I'm in Norwich - went down to Cambridge earlier today, and even at 8.15 when I left my flat, it was just so incredibly warm!! Cambridge also very very warm. When I got back to Norwich it was also very warm xD
Original post by ZuluK
The weather is beaut!!! It's 20 degrees! I prefer the cold though :colondollar: I'm a winter person!

On a side note: this thread will be getting to 2000posts soon and I suggest you buy us all something to celebrate :wink:

That moment when you've told someone you're hanging out with friends and they see you on TSR :redface:
Original post by mobbsy91
That moment when you've told someone you're hanging out with friends and they see you on TSR :redface:

That moment when you've told someone they're watching masterchef and they quote you :colonhash:
Original post by ZuluK
That moment when you've told someone they're watching masterchef and they quote you :colonhash:

That moment when I'm doing both, because watching Masterchef isn't the same as being with friends :colonhash:
At the moment I'm in Norwich - went down to Cambridge earlier today, and even at 8.15 when I left my flat, it was just so incredibly warm!! Cambridge also very very warm. When I got back to Norwich it was also very warm xD

So I'm gathering from your post that it was "warm"? :holmes:
Original post by ZuluK
So I'm gathering from your post that it was "warm"? :holmes:

I'm just realising how much I said "warm" in that post :rofl:
That moment when I'm doing both, because watching Masterchef isn't the same as being with friends :colonhash:

That moment when I'm still waiting to be picked up to go to my friends, because I need a lift and men can't multitask and it is the same thing :colonhash:

I'm just realising how much I said "warm" in that post :rofl:

Loool :rofl:
Original post by ZuluK
That moment when I'm still waiting to be picked up to go to my friends, because I need a lift and men can't multitask and it is the same thing :colonhash:

Loool :rofl:

It is really warm here though to be honest!
It is really warm here though to be honest!

It's warm everywhere :lol:

Go study :colonhash:
Original post by ZuluK
It's warm everywhere :lol:

Go study :colonhash:

It's too late to study right now :tongue:
It's too late to study right now :tongue:

Too late? Or too early? :u: All the best work happens after midnight
Original post by ZuluK
Too late? Or too early? :u: All the best work happens after midnight

I don't know!!!
Original post by zuluk
too late? Or too early? :u all the best work happens after midnight

ahhhhhhh damned anon!!!
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know!!!

:lol: it's true... We do our best work after midnight trust me :tongue:

ahhhhhhh damned anon!!!

:rofl: lol
Original post by ZuluK

wag zuluk !! yeahh i feel u wid d winter thing, When it rains at night I just get so excited yet some people get depressed. hahaah nah i really do appreciate u and my fellow night owls helping me reach over 1000 posts ! i'll take u all to nandos ;D
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
wag zuluk !! yeahh i feel u wid d winter thing, When it rains at night I just get so excited yet some people get depressed. hahaah nah i really do appreicate u and my fellow night owls helping me reach over 1000 posts ! i'll take u all to nandos ;D

Oh my god. When and where!!!?????????!!!!

Rain is awesome, especially for being outside in!!
Oh my god. When and where!!!?????????!!!!

Rain is awesome, especially for being outside in!!
looool if u live in London I'll pay for your meal ;P

Quick Reply

Latest